Maintence log app for android

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dowd1charles

Vessel Name
Warp Speed
Vessel Make
Eagle aft Trawler 40
I am in process of buying a 1981 agle aft trawler 40, I am curios if any of you are using an app or program in place of a maintenance log. Seems like a better wa t keep track of the components and details needed so yu can find and track costs/budget. any ideas?

FWIW, I just use an Excel spreadsheet, with a boatload of worksheets within: hull, engines, genset, plumbing, project notes, etc... Gives me room to include spare part numbers, wrench sizes, etc., and to link all that stuff to dates and engine hours.

This approach started well before smartphones and tablets came into existence.

-Chris

I like to use other people’s stuff, especially when they are smarter than I am. I therefore downloaded the spreadsheet posted on MV Dirona’s website. It’s a great starting point that I have been tweaking to reflect the systems on our boat. A quick google search and you should be able find it.

I have tried many of the available apps and they have all gone by the wayside. Hard or impossible to customize and hard to make the entries I want. The winner so far is my Excel workbook with individual tabs for all of the suspect categories for everything I can imagine. Want a new category? Just add a tab. Able to handle basic and detailed info, timelines, everything. I keep it on the web so it can be accessed from anywhere. Google Docs, One Drive, others are available.

I also tried MV Dirona's spreadsheet before coming up with my own. Good spreadsheet but if I remember correctly I had trouble customizing it so it looked and handled things like I wanted. More of a style rather than substance issue though as his spreadsheet is used all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom