Owners Manuals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dash Riprock

Vessel Name
Thirsty Turtle
Vessel Make
1986 Marine Trader 38' DC
Does anyone know where I can get an owners manual for my recently purchased 1982 M/T 38' DC?* Seems to be like finding a diamond in cornfield.
no.gif

Thanks, Carl.* I check them again.

I tried to get a manual for my PT Overseas and the few sections of the manual that I did get from others here were totally worthless. I think these things were brought in with a broken english manual that said don't run it up on the rocks and a stack of real manuals from the equipment on board like the refridge, engines and transmissions.

Tried Miller's....WOW. Prozac is alive an well at Miller Yachts. They said they had a fire a few years back that wiped out everything, including any material they may have had on my boat. So, back to square one. Thanks for the feedback. Dash.

Hey Carl, that's exactly what I've started doing, mapping out and spec'ing every system, every component, etc. Easier than finding a manual OTS. As you say, I've found it to be the best way to learn the boat, but I also wanted to know to what extent she had been modified from original.

As for Miller's, Joan was very accommodating and sympathetic; John, too. Neither could help but at least talked with me about it.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Dash.

We have three file cabinets of misc individual manuals,** DD 671, Perkins gen set, radar, GPS, dept sounder, refrigeration, toilets, VFH, drippless suffingbox, bilge pumps, water pump, stove/oven, Racor filters, fuel pump, weather station, bow thruster, water maker, Microphor sanitation, windless, inverter, cruise generator, hydraulic pump/motor, transmission, and several others.** So its not*ONE manually but a file of SEVERAL manuals.*

One of my winter projects this year was to catalog every piece of equipment on board and track down the manual online. I copied everything in PDF and put it all on one CD which I keep onboard. This has allowed me to unload armfuls of paper manuals. I'm re-plumbing my freshwater system and my fuel supply system now, so these will be drawn out and added to the CD. Someday I'll tackle the electrical system. I have the original order, yard inspections, even the fiberglass lay-up schedule, but no "owner's manual" per se for my 1987 Newburyport which was constructed by Hershine.

dvd

Acknowledge the library of manuals that are involved. I have the engine maintenance manual and a few other pieces of info that I've assembled. What I was looking for primarily was the manufacturer's owners manual that you usually get when you purchase a boat.

It's all good. Thanks to all.

Dash.

@Carl, didn't mean to offend, and I appreciate having them. I think my expectations were out of line. Was hoping for something like what I got with the OldsmoBuick....an idiot manual detailing everything written on a third grade level!

Where does everyone go to find replacement parts (brass items, deck lights, misc hardware, etc.) for MT's?

Thanks for your help,
Dash

Google is your friend! eBay has been very good to me once I know what I want!

Where does everyone go to find replacement parts (brass items, deck lights, misc hardware, etc.) for MT's?

Thanks for your help,
Dash

Taiwan (later China).

I've found that each part of misc hardware was individually cast and matches no other. Plan on taking the part to a well stocked marine store and finding something close then filing it down to fit. As for lights - just replace them with something that you can replace the bulbs and lenses.

Pt 46

I just joined the forum and just purchased a Overseas PT 46.
Anyone have access to manufacturer specifications or manuals?
Carl Larsen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom