Greenland 34 catamaran

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve1512

Boat is made in France. Not many for sale in the states. One available in south Florida. Any information on this trawler would be great.
Thanks

I think you’re referring to a Fontaine Pajot Greenland, no? Some here may get a bit confused with the hybrid boat manufacturer, Greenland. For a moment there, I got really excited that Greenland may have come out with a hybrid Cat.

Anyway, there’s only a few FP Greenland cats around here and people have done some really nice things with them. The hulls are fairly efficient, requiring little umph from the twin diesels to push them along at cruising speeds up to the mid-teens. Interiors are designed more for charter than owners, and feature the usual hallway style bunks and wet heads (head and shower compartment are integrated). Galley is modern but not much for storage. Stepping down into the hulls is tight for anyone tall or stout. Machinery and maintenance space is equally tight. Conversely, the cockpit and flybridge are nice areas for a boat this size. The best one I ever saw is here on Longboat Key and it looks like the owner spent a fortune on it, absolutely gorgeous with lots of mods. The price he has to ask will be tough to get. I see it has come down a lot.

If you’re really serious about a Fontaine Pajot Greenland, take a gander at the PDQ 34 Cat and the bigger-brother Fontaine Pajot 37 “Maryland”. They are both more efficient, better featured, and easier to maintain. My 2 cents.

God, what’s the matter with me. “Greenline” is the hybrid boat brand.! That worries me when even the boat brands are starting to blur in this old brain.

We had our eye on one in Europe for a while. They are one of the first, if not the first, production trawler cats although I believe the Maryland 37 was just earlier. A great size for practicality. We ultimately decided against one for various reasons that aren’t against the overall design without having seen one in person.

OP: I cant help you with Pajot Greenland but as HealHustler check out the PDQ 34. Its an amazing boat! I got a personal tour on "Heron" (Dick Tuschicks personal boat, owner of Rhumbline Yachts).

Very impressive boats but PRICEY. But if you're looking at small cats then the used PDQ is the cream of the crop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom