View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #67
N4061
Guru

Update

We haven't reported very much lately as we wait for our boat to find a its next home and complete another transaction prior to starting the new build. This doesn't mean we haven't been talking with Scott and others about the project. I have been actively following an acquaintance who spent 10 years cruising the world in their Nordhavn and now downsizing to travel the ICW and who knows what after that. I'm comparing his selection process of type of boat, options, gear and systems somewhat in the reverse order we are planning for our next boat. I'm learning a few things along way which I hope makes our next boat the perfect balance of capability, safety and somewhat simple to own and operate.

Since we missed the 2019 Cabo run we are not in any rush to complete the new boat since it will be sitting in Ensenada, Mexico (70 miles south of SD) as soon as we take delivery until we head south unless we take delivery in Seattle and leave it with Scott for awhile. Mary and I have been talking about this so we can run the Inside Passage (bucket list) before running south. Time will tell and as of today we have our health so the dream and plans remain in full gear.

Who knows maybe we will organize a Helmsman Trawler Cabo Run (Bill F. are you reading this)?
N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote