1989 Camargue 48 CPMY in Everett WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi. ..... Glo here as in, Ralph and Glo. We own the 89 Camargue and got her in Blaine, Wa. We are currently moored in Vancouver, Wa.
?

Hi. ..... Glo here as in, Ralph and Glo. We own the 89 Camargue and got her in Blaine, Wa. We are currently moored in Vancouver, Wa.
?

Did yo just buy it?
Congratulation if you did it looks like a great boat all around - enjoy the cruising !!

Congrats from a 1986 Camargue on its way to Alaska for the 3rd time.

Attachments

• IMG_4640.jpg
    IMG_4640.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 73
Nope, didn't buy it. It finally sold to another forum member this week for far less than I had earlier agreed to pay but the brokers put the buyer through the wringer aside from the broker himself slamming the boat against the dock more than once. Confirmed every negative comment I made about that brokerage. But it seems he got a good boat when all was said and done and congratulations to him! He might chime in and add his perspective.

There's a gorgeous Camargue 42 I would love to buy and the owner is eager to sell, but it's in southern Florida Atlantic coast and I need one in the Seattle area. Shipping expenses and the prospect of damage are just too daunting. Someone local can get a great boat.

Still looking. I missed a Symbol 43 CPMY with a pair of Iveco engines in Bellingham that went for the $80K ask. A bargain.

Exceedingly difficult to be on top of it as an absentee buyer. I have a slip that wants a boat.

Last edited:
Nope, didn't buy it. It finally sold to another forum member this week for far less than I had earlier agreed to pay but the brokers put the buyer through the wringer aside from the broker himself slamming the boat against the dock more than once. Confirmed every negative comment I made about that brokerage. But it seems he got a good boat when all was said and done and congratulations to him! He might chime in and add his perspective.

There's a gorgeous Camargue 42 I would love to buy and the owner is eager to sell, but it's in southern Florida Atlantic coast and I need one in the Seattle area. Shipping expenses and the prospect of damage are just too daunting. Someone local can get a great boat.

Still looking. I missed a Symbol 43 CPMY with a pair of Iveco engines in Bellingham that went for the $80K ask. A bargain.

Exceedingly difficult to be on top of it as an absentee buyer. I have a slip that wants a boat.

So you still do not own a boat and your still bad mouthing other boats and other folks.
PS - if you read the posts he actually already did chime in.

Smitty, Your post appeared in my email. I did you the courtesy of replying to your question, as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. If that was the case, a mere reply from you that I had misdirected would have been sufficient, but that wasn't good enough for you. Note, until I replied to your 5/14 post, I hadn't posted on this topic or visited this thread since 11/26. So exactly what's your beef? If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired, because I had moved on. Why haven't you? I believe you could learn a thing or two about courtesy.

BTW, I started this thread and I see no posts from the gentleman who actually bought the boat. So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread. Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out. I'm glad they corrected deficiencies and that he's pleased with his purchase.

Still have no boat? Maybe I'm just more discriminating than you. Or did you fail to read "absentee buyer"? And since you're on the east coast, I sincerely doubt you're all that familiar with the market in the PNW or the brokerages.

Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list.

Last edited:
Smitty, Your post appeared in my email. I did you the courtesy of replying to your question, as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. If that was the case, a mere reply from you that I had misdirected would have been sufficient, but that wasn't good enough for you. Note, until I replied to your 5/14 post, I hadn't posted on this topic or visited this thread since 11/26. So exactly what's your beef? If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired, because I had moved on. Why haven't you? I believe you could learn a thing or two about courtesy.

BTW, I started this thread and I see no posts from the gentleman who actually bought the boat. So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread. Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out. I'm glad they corrected deficiencies and that he's pleased with his purchase.

Still have no boat? Maybe I'm just more discriminating than you. Or did you fail to read "absentee buyer"? And since you're on the east coast, I sincerely doubt you're all that familiar with the market in the PNW or the brokerages.

Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list.

'as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. "
My post above was directed at the member "Glo" who was quoted in my response. I cannot see how that would not be clear.

"If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired,"
I did not inquire from you.

"So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread."
It is in the thread above.

"Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out."
The listing broker, owner, and your buying broker have all been
alienated by your behavior - its easy to just contact them and ask.
Badmouthing the boat about potential major issues and then seeing these issues as minor and easily corrected can be a learning experience … or maybe not.

"Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list"
I have learned a lot by listening over the years - but I have learned nothing when I am speaking. Keep alienating broker and owners and it is not likely you will ever find a 'suitable' boat.

Well, sorry, Smitty, I unignored you out of curiosity, and I'm glad I did. Here are some facts for you. To clear up your confusion.

FACT: There are at least two 1989 Camargues in PNW. One apparently bought in Blaine and the Camargue 48 that I had considered last year and was finally purchased in Everett this month at a significantly reduced price.

FACT: The Everett Camargue selling owner had corrected a number of deficiencies in the meantime.

FACT: The new owner and I have had numerous conversations about the boat and brokerage, before and after his purchase. He confirmed my public comments about the broker. He bought it in spite of the broker, not because of him. The broker showed up for the sea trial almost two hours late with no excuse and proceeded to bang the boat into the dock more than once while departing because he didn't know how to operate the bow thruster. He was days late in finalizing the closing documents, again with no excuse.

FACT: This broker has been the subject of numerous complaints from other customers.

FACT: Two different boats. Two different owners.

FACT: The new owner of the Camargue 48 in Everett has not posted on this thread. I'm happy it worked out for him.

FACT: The only broker I've alienated is the one noted in this post.

FACT: The only owner I've alienated is you, and that's no loss from where I stand. In the forums in which I participate, I enjoy the conversations, information, give and take, good humor and courtesy of other participants and I respond in kind. The sole exception is you, on this thread. So maybe you should look in the mirror before casting stones at others.

Last edited:
Well, sorry, Smitty, I unignored you out of curiosity, and I'm glad I did. Here are some facts for you. To clear up your confusion.

FACT: There are at least two 1989 Camargues in PNW. One apparently bought in Blaine and the Camargue 48 that I had considered last year and was finally purchased in Everett this month at a significantly reduced price.

FACT: The Everett Camargue selling owner had corrected a number of deficiencies in the meantime.

FACT: The new owner and I have had numerous conversations about the boat and brokerage, before and after his purchase. He confirmed my public comments about the broker. He bought it in spite of the broker, not because of him. The broker showed up for the sea trial almost two hours late with no excuse and proceeded to bang the boat into the dock more than once while departing because he didn't know how to operate the bow thruster. He was days late in finalizing the closing documents, again with no excuse.

FACT: This broker has been the subject of numerous complaints from other customers.

FACT: Two different boats. Two different owners.

FACT: The new owner of the Camargue 48 in Everett has not posted on this thread. I'm happy it worked out for him.

FACT: The only broker I've alienated is the one noted in this post.

FACT: The only owner I've alienated is you, and that's no loss from where I stand. In the forums in which I participate, I enjoy the conversations, information, give and take, good humor and courtesy of other participants and I respond in kind. The sole exception is you, on this thread. So maybe you should look in the mirror before casting stones at others.

Facts that can be conformed by just reading these posts:
- you did not ignore this post as promised
- you insisted I was replying to you
- you thought this was the same boat
- you have missed two of these now
- the 'major' faults in the boat were not real
- you have no idea who you alienated and it is easy to speak with them
- you do not have a boat
- you waste time finding fault in people rather than buying a boat

You can leaner from this and find a boat or not.

Smitty you seem to have some kind of perverse fixation on me. Don't you have more productive ways to spend your time?

Can we please get back to discussing a Camargue? If you guys want to bash each other do it via PM.

Thank you

Found my boat!

1989 Camargue 42 Sundeck MY. Pristine condition. No brokers. Sea trial and survey next month, then onward to Annapolis MD, ferrying from Georgia with the previous owner.:dance:

Attachments

• 38072274_10214527786020175_6584485259075649536_n.jpg
    38072274_10214527786020175_6584485259075649536_n.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 76
1989 Camargue 42 Sundeck MY. Pristine condition. No brokers. Sea trial and survey next month, then onward to Annapolis MD, ferrying from Georgia with the previous owner.:dance:

Nice. When you get it, straighten out the antenna.......LOL:thumb:

Hi. Glo here and we are the other Camargue owners. A small club for sure. We are at TidewaterCove in Washington not in Portland as is thought.
We love the boat and live on her most of the year. So glad there are others out there. Only 3 or so around. Happy to meet the rest of you, enjoy!

I think I said at one time that we were the owners of the other Camargue. We are actually in Washington not in Oregon. We are Oregonians. But moor in Washington at present.
Glo

We again are in Vancouver Washington. Lol honest.
Hope the other one finds a home too. Glo

We are making our way south after a summer in Alaska...

Star Weird

OK. I am on a dock right at the Ballard Locks in Union Lake. I look up and see "Star Weird" a Camargue Yacht Fisher. I tried to hail you on VHF 13 and 16. I flashed you with my spot light and whistled and I finally got a wave. No response to the VHF. I hope you had your radio on???:angel::socool:

Yes a Camargue say hi to another Camargue. So I hope he is on TF.:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_7312.jpg
    IMG_7312.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7314.jpg
    IMG_7314.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 61
The boat mentioned is, STAR WARD. It’s one we looked at but bought STILL WATERS instead. She is now, THE MUSE. We are in Vancouver Wa.
Glad each Camargue has a home. We love our boat.
Glo

Star Weird is currently moored next to me in Lake Washington. It is the boat that was for sale in Everett and started this thread. Very nice boat and in excellent condition.

1989 Camargue 48 question

Hello! Last week we closed on our boat. I have been doing everything I can to learn as much as possible as I have been a lifelong sailor and powerboating is new to me. We were over 4 months in the purchasing process and much work was done to ensure we didn't have to buy it again after we paid for it. There seems to be a few Camargue owners on this site so it seemed like a good place to throw out some questions. The previous owner passed away and his wife, now 89 was who I bought it from. She didn't have a lot of mechanical knowledge regarding the boat. My boat has 3 diesel tanks, one starboard, one port and one aft. What I don't know is if all three function together or the starboard services starboard engine and port, port. There is a fuel pump but tracing the lines it is difficult to tell if the third aft tank is just reserve that can be pumped to either side. If so, there is no written detail of how this happens. Does anyone else have this on their boat? I know there were only a few of these boats made and many are different but it a better clue than I am working off now. Thanks!

Camargue 89

Ralph can help you , (my husband) call if you like.
He will tell you. Typing is tough for the info you want.

Good afternoon and congrats on your purchase!!! I am indeed one of the other owners. Alaskan Sea-duction has a slightly different setup than ours...
The tanks "should" all be connected together. The day tank aft should be a ~100 gallon, if I remember correctly. Behind the gen in the cockpit there should be a shutoff valve for that tank as well. I was told by previous owners that they have never opened or used it. So I have not either (yet). The tank will need to be inspected first and CLEANED since whatever is in there has been there for prob 7-8+ years... I have that on my "list" of things to do and hope to have done in the next 45-60 days. Would be nice to have for longer stays up in the San Juans...
If you do have any questions about the boat, feel free to hit me up any time. The more projects I do, the more familiar I get with the boat as well... :)

Hello! Last week we closed on our boat. I have been doing everything I can to learn as much as possible as I have been a lifelong sailor and powerboating is new to me. We were over 4 months in the purchasing process and much work was done to ensure we didn't have to buy it again after we paid for it. There seems to be a few Camargue owners on this site so it seemed like a good place to throw out some questions. The previous owner passed away and his wife, now 89 was who I bought it from. She didn't have a lot of mechanical knowledge regarding the boat. My boat has 3 diesel tanks, one starboard, one port and one aft. What I don't know is if all three function together or the starboard services starboard engine and port, port. There is a fuel pump but tracing the lines it is difficult to tell if the third aft tank is just reserve that can be pumped to either side. If so, there is no written detail of how this happens. Does anyone else have this on their boat? I know there were only a few of these boats made and many are different but it a better clue than I am working off now. Thanks!

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Back
Top Bottom