High speed broadband on board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scitch8

Hi I need some advise on high speed broad band on board. I have a verizon 4G LTE mifi, but am looking to consider something else that gives me a more flexible internet connection. Who uses what to access the internet aboard there boat? I have seen different types of getting the internet ie satellite and on my mifi. But what do people do when there cruising and farther from where a cell tower can reach?*<br style="color:#323d4f;font-family:'Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:18px;background-color:#ececec;padding:0px;margin:0px;" /><br style="color:#323d4f;font-family:'Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:18px;background-color:#ececec;padding:0px;margin:0px;" />Scott

This is what we have

V3_ModemACU.jpg

Phone and internet anywhere in the world.

-- Edited by ksanders on Saturday 25th of February 2012 03:07:19 PM

We can get 1.5-2 meg download

Investigated the system on-line. Very elegant and reasonably affordable option when the tethered cell phone loses signal. Thanks for the info ksanders.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.yachtrouter.com/Download/Brochures PDF/Yacht Router.pdf

http://www.yachtrouter.com/

The routers comes as a complete system, with antennas etc. You can even connect a signal booster to the antenna output (I asked the question).

The smallest model should be fine for most.

The next model up is if you want to integrate sat communication/sat tv.

The next model up again - its not for our small boats...

I am seriously considering the middle range unit since it is a complete communication center where all antennas are connected and connections are controlled from. Very simple.

-- Edited by Singleprop on Wednesday 7th of March 2012 08:18:15 PM

Back
Top Bottom