Fuel filter part #'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Hi all, can someone tell me the part numbers for the fuel filters for the D4-300I-F? The ones for the racor style and for the ones that spin-on to the engine.

Also, do you have a good source to purchase?

Thanks!

Hi all, can someone tell me the part numbers for the fuel filters for the D4-300I-F? The ones for the racor style and for the ones that spin-on to the engine.

Also, do you have a good source to purchase?

Thanks!

Google says:
Parts

Google says:
Parts

Yeah, that's not overly helpful. I did PLENTY of searching, but the Volvo parts site is very confusing, listing 3 or 4 different part numbers for what appears to be the fuel filter insert for the racor style filter.

And there are many different part #'s for the spin-on, although I THINK the multiple part #'s labeled "fuel filter" are for the actual housing and assembly versus the spin-on filter.

Like I said, it's confusing and I am going to be headed on a 5 day trip heading up the coast in 1.5 weeks, so pardon me if I want to be sure that I am ordering the correct parts...geez.

At this point, I "think" the two parts are parts:

But as I said, I'd like to be 100% sure as I don't have time for a mistake and re-shipment.

Last edited:

I'm sure they do, but I won't be on the boat until Monday or Tuesday in all likelihood, and I want to make sure I receive the filters before I leave, which is potentially on 6/5 or 6/6.

As for the searches, thanks for doing that. But like I said, there are multiple parts referenced on the actual Volvo parts breakout diagrams on the Volvo site:

Fuel System - 47704400 - volvopentastore.com

I think I have it figured out, but just wanted confirmation from an ST44 owner that might have ordered them in the past, that's all. Just trying to minimize the chances of getting surprised...which seems to happen now and then! :banghead:

Do it the old fashioned way. Find your local Volvo dealer and (god forbid) go visit them. Establish a relationship. Maybe even purchase a parts and service manual.(not an operators manual) You’ll be glad that you did.

I do have a relationship with them, but I just wrapped up my company's annual conference, I'm leaving soon, my entire family is traveling across the country and arriving tomorrow for my son's high school graduation, and I exactly zero time to travel an hour to my local dealer right now. That said, I did email my contact there this morning and have yet to get a reply.

I think I have every part # for everything related to engine and genset maintenance...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YVKRl-bM2VW3bfZivZBA7NNHXRx6hEYErfvjfI3T8qk/edit?usp=sharing

I buy from Marinepartsexpress

Let me know if any questions

The part # for the spin-on fuel filter matches.

For the other one, all the research I did seems to point to part# 861014, and not the one you have listed (889419). Have you ordered and installed the one you listed, or just have it as a reference but not tried it?

Thanks!
Mike

The part # for the spin-on fuel filter matches.

For the other one, all the research I did seems to point to part# 861014, and not the one you have listed (889419). Have you ordered and installed the one you listed, or just have it as a reference but not tried it?

Thanks!
Mike

889419 is 30 micron, it will fit but i was told to use 10 micron and it makes sense. 30 will let more stuff through to the boat fuel filter, which i think is 2 micron. any time you have a higher micron that means the next filter (or engine) will get junk it didnt catch. some people may even do 30 to 10 to 2 depending on the quality of fuel they can buy.

889419 is 30 micron, it will fit but i was told to use 10 micron and it makes sense. 30 will let more stuff through to the boat fuel filter, which i think is 2 micron. any time you have a higher micron that means the next filter (or engine) will get junk it didnt catch. some people may even do 30 to 10 to 2 depending on the quality of fuel they can buy.

You sure? Go to:

Fuel Filter And Water Separator D4-180I-F, D4-225A-F, D4-225I-F, D4-260A-F, D4-260D-F, D4-260I-F, D4-300A-F, D4-300D-F, D4-300I-F - 9024 - 47704400 - volvopentastore.com

For the D4-300I-F, which is what I have, the 30 micron is listed as part# 3581760.

Part #s get changed and superseded based on supplier changes, etc

Its a Racor fuel/water separator

There are Volvo part #s and Racor part #s. I would pick whichever branding you want based on pricing/availability. There are also some generic brands but I would avoid.

3838852 is definitely 10 micron and the one that I would use if you want the Volvo branded part. 2040N-10 is the part # for Racor branded. Racor is available in many stores including west marine, and with west marine pro discount i think the filter is $13-15

Last edited:
From the face plate of my racor:
2040tm-or 10 mic

Checked my filter on the boat. Correct one (for the 30 micron anyway) was 889419. They were not readily available so I bought some of the Racor versions. Thanks everyone!

Checked my filter on the boat. Correct one (for the 30 micron anyway) was 889419. They were not readily available so I bought some of the Racor versions. Thanks everyone!

No problem but I'd seriously consider switching to 10 micron. Most folks that I talked to that had 30 had another racor with 10 behind it and then the engine mounted fuel filter which I think is 2 or 5 micron. I guess you could call that a fuel polishing setup? Many have it to keep junk out of their engines. I am also itching to switch to see-through Racor bowls etc soon.

Just purchased (4) racor 2040n 10mic from the Racor store
~$8.00 each

on a somewhat related topic, i've been using volvo part # 3581078 for the genset pre fuel filter (not the one on the genset itself). is there a non-volvo part #? i.e. racor part #? i dont know who actually makes the separator? thanks!

Only have used the VP # and change about every 18 mos

Vp gen set fule filter

Mystery -

My primary fuel filter is not the same as in your pic. I do not have a bowl, but the filter is same.

If I recall, when I replaced the filter, I replaced the gaskets that were present on the old filter (2 + 1 small). The kit comes with gaskets for other applications I suspect

Mystery -

My primary fuel filter is not the same as in your pic. I do not have a bowl, but the filter is same.

If I recall, when I replaced the filter, I replaced the gaskets that were present on the old filter (2 + 1 small). The kit comes with gaskets for other applications I suspect

Thanks. I dont have a clear bowl but metal bowl like the one attached

I use the two smaller gaskets. One goes as indicated by red arrow and the other goes after the washer on the screw that holds everything together.

Attachments

• vlp877766.jpg
    vlp877766.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom