Perkins? 4 cyl turbo diesel identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crawsfire

Hello,
I believe this is a perkins engine. There is HA stamped on the LH front side of the block. Can anyone ID this engine? Thanks!
i2pvtg.jpg

aw480p.jpg

What I have on Perkins:

Attachments

• Engine_Number_Guide.pdf
    202.4 KB · Views: 50
  • engine number guide2.pdf
    38.7 KB · Views: 37
What I have on Perkins:

Thanks
Every pic I see of a perkins 4 cyl shows the intake and exhaust manifold on the RH side where my engine has the exhaust on the Rh and the intake on the LH. Not sure if I have a Perkins or not.

I've seen a lot of engines, but do not recognize this one. It does not look like a Perkins or a Cummins b 3.3. Looks Japanese, but not a Kubota that I am familiar with.

Look all around the sides of the block, there might be a tag. Tag could also be on the generator end, what is there?

I've seen a lot of engines, but do not recognize this one. It does not look like a Perkins or a Cummins b 3.3. Looks Japanese, but not a Kubota that I am familiar with.

Look all around the sides of the block, there might be a tag. Tag could also be on the generator end, what is there?

No tags. I'm thinking it's maybe a Perkins 1104.

The engine number is the key to solving this one. A little bit of patience and emery cloth should reveal it under the paint.

The engine number is the key to solving this one. A little bit of patience and emery cloth should reveal it under the paint.

I vigorously went that route before posting. No tag or engine block casting number other than the numbers 30 on the RH side rear of the block and HA stamped on a boss on the LH side front. Thanks.

I'm afraid I'd pass on that one, should you ever need spare parts in the future you would be badly caught out, it may be cheap now but costly in the long run.
I stress that's my personal opinion, someone else may be able to pin it down for you.

I'm afraid I'd pass on that one, should you ever need spare parts in the future you would be badly caught out, it may be cheap now but costly in the long run.
I stress that's my personal opinion, someone else may be able to pin it down for you.

Well it's not for sale. I'm starting to lean towards it being an Isuzu.

Could be an Isuzu. They have made a lot of engine types, a real chore to try to ID it visually.

Suggested to me to pass on...

"Forget the casting numbers, start with identifying the piece of equipment it is mounted in. From there it is relatively easy to find out what engine(s) were used in what year of that make and model and narrow it down to the engine shown."

Yea, the generator engine probably has a tag or two giving the whole package mfr data. Might be able to sleuth the engine data from there. It is a gennie, right?

Yea, the generator engine probably has a tag or two giving the whole package mfr data. Might be able to sleuth the engine data from there. It is a gennie, right?

Yes, it's a 30KW Generac surplus from a Navy base. No tags. I tried searching the nsn number for the genset with no success.

I meant a tag on the generator end, somewhere. Worst case, call Generac.

It's a Mazda HA 3.0 diesel licensed by Perkins (same as the Perkins 4.82) Thanks everyone for your help.

Perkins

These three engines (GA/GB/GC in Perkins' internal parlance) were developed especially for Mazda and were never offered by Perkins themselves.

S2 - 2.2 L (2,209 cc) - License built Perkins 4.135 related to HA and XA, used in 1979 to 1986 Mazda Luce, Bongo/E2200, B2200, Ford Ranger
XA - 2.5 L (2,522 cc) - License built Perkins 4.154 related to HA and S2, used in 1970 Mazda E2500 and 1971 Mazda Titan, and some Bobcat skid-steer loaders. A six-cylinder version of this is called the "YA".
HA - 3.0 L (2,977 cc) - License built Perkins 4.182 related to S2 and XA

All of these engines have cast iron blocks and heads, two overhead valves per cylinder driven by maintenance-free timing gears, crossflow heads, are indirect injection. US-market B2200 and Ford Ranger trucks - and possibly the others as well - had rotary Bosch VE-style injection pumps, built by Diesel Kiki under license from Bosch.

Well that's interesting.

I'll be looking for a RWD transmission from a Ranger for this motor so I can repower something. I think the last year this engine was offered in a conventional vehicle was 1986. You guys are great. Power on!

Back
Top Bottom