Charger inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greetings
I have a Freedom 25 battery charger inverter that needs replacement.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
It's 2500 watt inverter and 130 amp battery charger that is original to the boat. 2001 390 Mainship.

Thank you

There's a recent thread on this that just cooled down a few days ago. Lots of information and opinions.

Yes, the same recommendations for marine inverters also hold for inverter/chargers.

David

Greetings
I have a Freedom 25 battery charger inverter that needs replacement.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
It's 2500 watt inverter and 130 amp battery charger that is original to the boat. 2001 390 Mainship.

Thank you

LOL
You post as if 2001 is a long time ago. Clearly haven't aged into the group that sees decades go by at an alarming rate.
I have a still "new to me" inverter that I put into my boat in about 2002. I have no idea how many years I will get out of it, but certainly as many more as I have already had. So what makes your 18 yr old inverter and charger "needs replacement"?

The inverter is not working and the charger internal components are badly corroded.
I don't want to destroy the batteries i replaced last year.

I purchased a Promariner 12/60 charger for my boat when the factory original battery charger failed. We had to put the Promariner in sideways because there was no room to put it in vertically.

It works great, much better than the old charger. It is sensitive to heat so you need to turn it off for 15 mins if it goes offline due to heat. Other than that, it keeps the batteries at 100% and charges them quickly. It manages the charging cycles well also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom