Ford injector pump cold start solenoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gpatton

I can't find a replacement cold start solenoid. Is there somewhere that carries these for the old fords?
It's a Minimec injector pump with an electric solenoid.

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 20190507_082422 (1).jpg
    20190507_082422 (1).jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190513_185524.jpg
    20190513_185524.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 74
Have you spoken to American Diesel in Mamaroneck Virginia?

Probably any business that rebuilds injector pumps will have access to individual parts.
Also check tractor supply businesses.

I’m interested in your need to use this. If it’s not extremely cold this should not be necessary.

When it is extremely cold I would like to have this option. This motor is not in a boat but it is the same ford motor and this site seems to be the best information resource for these old fords.

I contacted American Diesel and Brian said "they removed them from engines they worked on because you shouldn't need it.
Less than helpful!
I'm sure I wouldn't need it if the engine was newly rebuilt but it's not, nor is it worth rebuilding.

I would put a Wolverine Pan heater on it 1st. Simple process and should work great. I start cold, old, tired, diesels at 0 and below with just a heater plugged in overnight.

I would put a Wolverine Pan heater on it 1st. Simple process and should work great. I start cold, old, tired, diesels at 0 and below with just a heater plugged in overnight.

I am hoping for a time in the near future where I won’t have to :)

Plan on starting it routinely in temps well below 25 degrees air temp?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom