Anchor Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pieyed47

For those of you that are lazy or forgetful, of which I have both traits, I have a gizmo that will take the drudgery out of turning on and off your anchor light, allowing you more time to do 12oz curls. And if you sit at anchor for several days, it could help you from depleting your battery charge. I am sure everyone has replaced there 12V incandescent bulbs with more energy efficient LED bulbs. But just in case you have not, here is something that will cost you less than 15 $ and more likely it will cause you to spend more money for a spare. https://smile.amazon.com/CSLU-Tool-Adjustable…/…/ref=sr_1_9… See drawing.
No photo description available.

Attachments

• Daylight_Swtch_Masthead_Light.jpg
    Daylight_Swtch_Masthead_Light.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 54
Only thing to care of when using this is to put the cell away and hidden from the anchor light so it is not illuminated...

I did this for my deck lights on my house that I put together and I love it. Works perfect.

Last edited:
So turning on and then off the anchor light switch is too laborious?

One thing I should mention, you can discard the metal bracket as it is attached to the switch with a screw leaving you a hole to run an SS screw through for mounting to your boat. You can cover the switch with aluminum foil to activate the switch to see if you have it wired up correctly. There is a slight delay before the light comes on so be patient. HTH CSLU-Tool AS-20 12V Adjustable Waterproof Light Control Switch Photo Sensor Switch (COPY & PASTE)

Last edited:
So turning on and then off the anchor light switch is too laborious?

When anchored, one should visually check the light twice a day at appropriate times to confirm.

I once left my anchor light on at the marina for the better part of a week. Got a few comments from the rest of the marina but all in good fun.

pete

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom