View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #37
smitty477
Guru

City: Northport
Quote:
Originally Posted by salishpaddler View Post
Smitty, Your post appeared in my email. I did you the courtesy of replying to your question, as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. If that was the case, a mere reply from you that I had misdirected would have been sufficient, but that wasn't good enough for you. Note, until I replied to your 5/14 post, I hadn't posted on this topic or visited this thread since 11/26. So exactly what's your beef? If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired, because I had moved on. Why haven't you? I believe you could learn a thing or two about courtesy.

BTW, I started this thread and I see no posts from the gentleman who actually bought the boat. So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread. Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out. I'm glad they corrected deficiencies and that he's pleased with his purchase.

Still have no boat? Maybe I'm just more discriminating than you. Or did you fail to read "absentee buyer"? And since you're on the east coast, I sincerely doubt you're all that familiar with the market in the PNW or the brokerages.

Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list.

'as I believed you were asking me if I had bought it. If not, my mistake. "
My post above was directed at the member "Glo" who was quoted in my response. I cannot see how that would not be clear.

"If you didn't want a reply, you shouldn't have inquired,"
I did not inquire from you.

"So if he chimed in, it was apparently on another thread."
It is in the thread above.

"Badmouthing other boats and other folks? My earlier comments were borne out."
The listing broker, owner, and your buying broker have all been
alienated by your behavior - its easy to just contact them and ask.
Badmouthing the boat about potential major issues and then seeing these issues as minor and easily corrected can be a learning experience … or maybe not.

"Don't bother to reply. I've invoked my Ignore list and you have pride of place as the sole name on that list"
I have learned a lot by listening over the years - but I have learned nothing when I am speaking. Keep alienating broker and owners and it is not likely you will ever find a 'suitable' boat.
smitty477 is offline   Reply With Quote