Shower faucet thread size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ERTF

I've got a sink faucet in my guest head thats too small to fit a "standard" aerator & just barely too big to fit a "junior" adapter. Finally took the shower hose from my other head and screwed it on to confirm thats what size it is.

Problem is i cant find anywhere on the internet that says what those thread dimensions are? Can anybody tell me? It's a female faucet. I'd like to buy an adapter to standard size, so i can screw an aerator on. Does such a product exist?

Its just a faucet.

But that shower hose fits on it.

It obviously was used as a wet bath shower at one point. But i just want to use it as a sink with a water conserving aerator on it. So i just need an adapter that can convert it to a standard size thread.

Attachments

• 20190518_151818.jpg
    20190518_151818.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190518_151946.jpg
    20190518_151946.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 43
I think shower hoses are 1/2” straight pipe thread. They always have gaskets.

Well a 3/4 female adapter wouldnt quite fit on it, so i dont see how it could be 1/2 inch threads unless im misunderstanding semantics.

Well a 3/4 female adapter wouldnt quite fit on it, so i dont see how it could be 1/2 inch threads unless im misunderstanding semantics.

*Btw in my initial post, i mistated it to be a female faucet. Its obviously a male faucet and i need a female adapter.

Plumbing is my least favorite thing to do by far, so I usually just buy a new faucet and replace it when I have a problem with one on my 32 year old boat. I usually can’t find parts anyway for these old faucets. I have one old one left and it is getting ready to be replaced when I put in the solid surface counter in the galley. I ordered the solid surface sheet today.

Yeah, but i literally have a functioning faucet. Im just trying to put an aerator on the end of it to save water usage. If i cant find one, i'll just leave it how it is.

Ok i think you're right about it being 1/2 inch. It seems standard faucet threads are measured differently than this type, so thats why a 3/4 adapter was too small.

Guessing i need a 1/2in pipe to standard faucet thread adapter. If such a thing exists...

Thats great info. Probably all you would ever need to know.

Replace the faucet with new for <$50.
It’s either standard 4” spacing or RV 3 3/8” spacing.

A larger RV or travel trailer parts store should be able to help, or as suggested source a new faucet.

Should be 1/2 the price of a boat source.

Check inside the fitting that's on the faucet where the aerator would be. There may be a hex inside, if there is, that's a good indication that the fitting is removeable. It appears that it may be an adapter that you're looking at, if so, it would have fine threads- aka aerator threads to attach to the faucet body. I suspect you may be trying to find an adapter for an adapter. Check closely, you may be able to back it out, try to get a pair of pliers on it with a non-distorting grip, e.g. rag or piece of rubber to work it back & forth to see if it's threaded into the faucet body. If the shower hose attaches to that fitting, it's probably 1/2" NPT or straight pipe thread as others suggested. But my bet would be an adapter in the faucet body.

Not sure about your area HD, but in ours the faucet boxes are all wired closed. I was replacing the galley faucet and took it in and did find an open box but the fittings are different, not to say I could make up adapters, just didn't feel like it, went to local expensive marine store and bought one that fit and connected perfectly.

Just unscrew the current one and take it to home depot and match it. They have many sizes.

Menards has an excellent plumbing parts section as well...

Back
Top Bottom