Old 05-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #18
syjos
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Sandpiper
Vessel Model: Bluewater 40 Pilothouse Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tator View Post
Did we meet you at the Bluewater rendezvous last year? Unable to make the meeting this year as we were scheduled to leave on the ferry Columbia for Petersurg, Ak last Friday. It was canceled at the last minute due to mechanical problems and we spaced out that we could have then made the rendevous.

We bought our boat in 2003 and spent two years in Port Townsend rebuilding her. Replaced all wiring, plumbing and heating systems, decks, windows, PG bridge, front hatch, revarnished and painted interior, upholstery, etc., etc. In 2006 we took her to Petersburg, AK where she has remained. We live on and cruise in her for about 4-5 months each year. She is powered by twin 120 Lehmans. We bought her in Portland and previous name was 'Williwaw'. Our previous boats were wooden GBs-a 42' and a 50'.

tator
We missed the rendezvous last year but we attended this year.

You have done a lot. We've done pretty much the same rebuilding but spread over 20 years. I spent 6 month right after purchase rebuilding or replacing absolute essentials before we could start cruising I don't think I have enough patience to be able to do a two year rebuild all at once like that.

Too bad the boat is not here. I would like to see the work you have completed. Always looking for ideas or a simpler way to tackle projects.
syjos is offline   Reply With Quote