Your message to Trawlers-and-Trawlering awaits moderator approval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
So how many of you have seen this? I got a message rejected yesterday. Here are the original, my reply, and the moderator's decision, FYI.

I think we should refrain from using these types of disrespectful terms.
There are almost always two sides to an issue. When one starts a discussion by
insulting the other side it makes obtaining common ground even more difficult. I
agree than many of the environmental suggestions that we hear about regarding
boating seem impractical or unreasonable so why not just point that out
without the name calling.

Edmond Badham
COSMO

OK, we'll call them "Environmental Unreasonables". Politally correct enough?

*** Posting of your message titled "Re: T&T: Environmental wackos- new
year's resolution"

has been rejected by the list moderator.* The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"Not good enough for a post, Keith. Don't need to discuss the extent
of political correctness on the list. It just encourages a couple of
listees to join in a diatribe over their inability to explain and
discuss certain topics in a reasonable, polite manner without resort
to grade-school name-calling.

Bob McLeran T&T List Administrators"

Oh well, no grade-school name-calling allowed. Or at least learn from the spammers and call them* "Env-ronmental W-hackos".
biggrin.gif

I have seen it before. It is because you are a "troublemaker". You have basically been put on probation and cannot be trusted to post within the confines of the rules so they moderate each and every one of your posts.

With that said, sometimes they moderate a specific topic so it may have nothing to do with you personally but the potentially troublesome topic.

I even think they can moderate with reference to specific words. If a specific word shows up in your post, it gets thrown into the moderator bin.

I am absolutely just guessing here and maybe way off base(Although I think I am dead on with the troublemaker moniker...
smile.gif
). But I have seen that reply before and it was after my hand had been slapped.

I guess I should have posted the original message that said my note was on hold... it said it was because the subject line matched a filter, probably the word "wackos" or maybe the entire term "environmental wackos".

Sometimes in the past, I just resend it with a slightly different subject line so it gets through. This one wasn't that important though.

If I was a troublemaker, I'd ask a question about which gun was the best to bring aboard... now THAT would start a great discussion, sure to be moderated! hahahaha!

Keith---

You don't want to be asking that on the T&T list. It can get pretty nasty. Not much different than expressing opinons on the entire pack of blithering idiots--- I'm sorry, CANDIDATES--- running in the Iowa presidential caucuses.

PS- The correct answer to your question, by the way, is a 12-gauge pump action shotgun with an 18.5 inch barrel and extended magazine loaded alternately with rifled slugs and 00 buckshot.

I got the exact same message when I referred to enviro wackoes in an e-mail. I have been on probation for so long that the only reason on post on that page is to crank them up.
I give my enemies, in this case, the enviro wackoes, the respect they deserve. None!

OK trouble makers! You're drifting off of the "boating" subject. Any more responses like these and we'll have to throw this one "Off The Deep End"!
wink.gif

-- Edited by dougd1 at 17:48, 2008-01-02

Oh go ahead and move it there. I probably should have started the trouble there anyway!
aww.gif

Keith, Keith, Keith! You are just too darn easy to get along with.

Happy New Year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom