psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
RE: Trawler vs. Sea Ray Sundancer

Quote:
JD wrote:rwidman wrote:Moonstruck wrote:
Here is a picture on the NC ICW. *The fact that I arrived at the bridge 15 minutes before a cruise of several SeaRays got to the other side, cut no ice with them .. They all pushed through before letting me through. *Of course they were struggling to get on plane as the went by me. *This is what gives SeaRays a bad name.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 09:32:40 PM

Who was with the current and who was against it?

I've only been in that situation once but it was one boat on the other side.* I was traveling with the current and the other boater let me pass first.

*New Years day was the first time that I saw and heard this enforced by the bridge tender.* We were standing by for the Beaufort Bridge in Beaufort NC.* We and several other boats were on the south side as were several boat on the north side of the bridge.* As folks approached and asked for an opening the bridge*tender acknowledge them and he explained that when he did open,*the boats on the south side heading up the the channel had the right of way due to the in coming tide.* He did enforce it.

*Unless it's a local "rule" or law...there is no such thing as a "downbound"*on the East Coast...It's a western river's only rule.

However it is a "courtesy"...so I'd love to know how the bridge tender "enforced" it.*
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote