Hi! Meet Westcaper, the lobster style, farm boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WestCaper

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
WestCaper
Vessel Make
Custom Lobster Boat
To the forum I bring myself and my very unique converted Nova Scotia Lobster boat, WestCaper.
WestCaper was laid down in 1991 in Vancouver BC, by a couple of guys from Nova Scotia. It spent its first decade as the workboat at a fish farm owned and operated by the builders in Campbell River. It transported feed to the farm as well as completed other tasks.

The second owner then bought the boat and had it moved to his house in Fernwood, Victoria BC where it underwent major conversion to a comfortable two person cruiser. It was also changed over from a big block gasser to a 6.5l Isuzu turbo diesel.

I am now the third owner as of 10/2018 and have been happily living aboard ever since!

A few specs:
39' LOA
12' Beam
4' draft
Fir strip plank over oak ribs
Epoxy glass overlay.
Isuzu 6bg1t diesel
Comfortable cruiser at 8.5 knots

Attachments

• DSC_0545.jpg
    DSC_0545.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC_0342.jpg
    DSC_0342.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 136
West Caper,
Nice boat there mate.
Usually not a fan of compound sheer lines/curves but yours works great.
Don’t usually see lobster boats out west so thanks for bring’in her over or out.
And that’s my favorite engine .. Isuzu.

I like it. Thanks for joining and for posting pics right off the bat. Welcome.

Welcome to Trawler Forum. That’s a nice looking rig you have.

Thanks everyone! I've been travelling around the Gulf Islands my entire life on various boats, and have always had a soft spot for lobster boats. This isn't the most conventional LB but it handles amazingly and has stolen my heart. Now to develope my skills as a woodworker!

It's a boat of many anglesScreenshot_20190509-075533.jpgScreenshot_20190509-080121.jpgScreenshot_20190509-080157.jpg

Welcome aboard.
Very nice big aft cockpit, great for picking up all those crabs and landing that big one!
Cheers

Welcome aboard.
Very nice big aft cockpit, great for picking up all those crabs and landing that big one!
Cheers
Been big into the prawning over the last year, generally snorkel for crabs, more fun!

Very cool boat! After living in Maine for several years the Dixon’s and Beal lobster boats have always caught my eye I just love their lines. I’ve thought about converting one into a cruiser for 2. Any chance you could show your interior pics?

Very cool boat! After living in Maine for several years the Dixon’s and Beal lobster boats have always caught my eye I just love their lines. I’ve thought about converting one into a cruiser for 2. Any chance you could show your interior pics?
Here's a couple, I can definitely get more!00d0d_Z5WuF01xCX_600x450.jpegDSC_0258.jpgDSC_0246.jpgDSC_0277.jpg

Welcome aboard, even if you did put your boat on the wrong coast.

Welcome aboard, even if you did put your boat on the wrong coast.
Haha nah this is the right coast, it was built in Vancouver! Westcoast bestcoast [emoji28]

I recognize that boat from Oak Bay marina. I understand you got a smoking deal!

I recognize that boat from Oak Bay marina. I understand you got a smoking deal!
I did get a smoking deal, I'd been looking for a boat for over a year and had this one in my name within 4 days of viewing it. Couldnt pass it up

Back
Top Bottom