Miniature light bulb size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
NANCY J
Vessel Make
GB 42 Classic
Greetings. Just bought a 1988 GB42 that has several burned out bulbs on the emergency indicator panel. Does anyone know the bulb size and where they can be purchased?
Thanks much. :)

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat.

Thanks Shrew. These are screw in miniature bulbs and cant read the size on the bulb. Ordered some from Radio Shack online but wrong size. Need to connect with a GB owner to get correct size and maybe source. Thanks much.

I got tiny little instrument panel ones, maybe 2 watts, at an auto electrician. Don`t know if they are similar but IG copied GB a lot. Try an auto electrician.

I have a 2000 GB42 Classic. I found replacement bulbs online at Radio Shack. They are 12V 75mA Incandescent Flashlight Bulbs. Part number 2721143. I just checked and they are in stock and on sale at $1.50 each.

Thank You All

Thanks every one for trying to help. I had previously ordered the bulbs you recommended from Radio Shack but the threads are different and they don't thread into the receptacle. The photos look right but they don't work. Will keep searching.

You have probably already tried this, but did you try matching the threads from the new bulbs with an old one? My threads matched, but it was still tough to get the new bulbs to screw in. My sockets are made of plastic with a thin metal strip running down the socket and a metal tip in the base. It wasn't easy getting the bulbs to screw in.

Have you tried posting your question on the Grand Banks owners website?
Grand Banks Owner's Resources

Back
Top Bottom