A good time was had by all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GFC

Guru
The city we live in, Pasco, WA, has about 73,000 residents, 55% of which is Hispanic. It’s one of the fastest growing areas in the PNW and we believe it’s a great place to live. Taxes are relatively low, property values are low (compared to most of WA), the people are friendly, the climate is great, and we have 400 miles of rivers to boat on. Plus, as one would expect, we have a plethora of restaurants serving Mexican food. Some of it is good, some very good, and some is excellent. Some is served in high quality restaurants, some is served from Taco Trucks and some from Taco busses.

But one of the best things about Pasco happens every year about this time and that is the Pasco Taco Crawl. This first started three years ago and has grown every year. Here’s how it works: Participants buy a book of 20 tickets for $20. Last year a total of 5,000 booklets was sold. Each ticket is good for one street taco from that participating restaurant.

The best part about the whole program, not counting the excellent food, is that the entire proceeds from the sale of the ticket books goes to benefit the Boys and Girls Clubs of Pasco. The costs of printing and distributing the booklets and advertising the program is paid by donations from businesses throughout the Tri Cities, so that lets the proceeds go to benefit kids from our area.

57213856_1017915441930356_3428523442930974720_n.jpg

Tina and I have participated each of the 3 years the program has been in existence. The benefit for us, if you don’t count the 20 tacos we get to eat, is that the list of restaurants changes a little from year to year. The Taco Crawl has gotten us out 5 nights this time, eating 4 street tacos a night. The restaurants this year included 3 or 4 restaurants we had not tried before, and that’s the payback for the restaurants—new customers coming in their doors.

I don’t know whoever thought up this program but I congratulate them on a wonderful idea and an excellent job of putting it all together.

Thanks, from two VERY happy taco munchers.

Nice write up, thank you for sharing.

Nice. At first I thought - WOW 20 tacos in one night - then I saw the dates on the ticket cover! :)

Back
Top Bottom