mississippi flood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capn Craig

Guru
Just a friendly request: could those folks upstream of the Quad Cities please refrain from flushing. We don't need more water. The river hit a new record level today. Its been forty days of over severe flood stage, also a record by twice. The only good thing I can report is my boat is inside and at least 20 feet over water level. It looks like at least a month till the water drops to a level that will allow splash time. Could be worse boats stored outside my home port marina in Rock Island IL are floating of their cribbing. How high's the water mama? 5 feet high and rising. -Johnny Cash

Last edited:
Lesson from Hurricane Irma, Drop the anchor even if you're on jack stands... It may help you find your boat later.

The Louisiana, Missouri gauge dropped below 20’ Saturday, 1st time in 6 weeks probably longer. Now it’s going back up and I’am leaving in the morning to get the boat ready the season.

I ended up going back home after 3 days. The river came up to 24.7’ the road to marina is closed at 23.7’ so I left before that happened. Hopefully the end of June the marina will be back in service and boating season will get started on the upper Mississippi.

Maybe I’ll be able to start boating again in July. I’ve been off the boat for so long when I finally get back it’ll be like getting a new boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom