Dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on price. If its a really good deal because you're buying the boat then buy it knowing you can sell it at any time and recoup your money.

If not then i'd pass so you can try out different systems and most importantly know what you need vs what you think you need. You can find a $400 used dinghy to get you back and forth in the mean time. It probably wont satisfy you but it will let you know what you don't want.

Checked your posts and it seems like it would fit well with the size boat you bought. My preference is the biggest and fastest dinghy I can fit but i'd use it as a second boat as well for fishing and diving(a 13' whaler would be perfect for me/cant fit it). Most people just need to get to and from shore so "it depends".

fractalphreak (you made me look up fractals), how you store the gas tank looks good. I will be purchasing the davit system, an Oceanaire (local dinghy manufacture out of Sidney BC) 9' 6'' aluminum RIB with bow locker. The bow locker is a logical place to store a small 3 gallon tank but it would be nice to keep it clear for other uses like small dinghy anchor, portable VHF, first aid, lights, etc. Also a Yamaha 9.9 for the dinghy.

My refit continues to drag on but most of the 'heavy' work has been done, the old engine is coming out as I type this. The new engine and stern leg go in a couple of weeks from now.

La Conner has been one of our favourite places, stayed in and around town, eating at many of the restaurants, Calico Cupboard for breakfast. Talk about a protected moorings.

Back
Top Bottom