Thread: Too much anchor
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #60
Rex

Too much anchor

Sunchaser Wrote;

What is quality Australia steel as opposed to say that from other places?
Where is your forging or plate layup done?
With 100s of millions of tons per year of Australian iron ore and coal going to China to make steel, please don't fall into the refrain "we don't use steel from China."
You make no mention of chain, windlass or proper anchor size which to some is more relevant than anchor brand.
What part of Australia are you located?
Last but not least, what size of Sarca should be used on a 130,000# moderate wind shape blue water trawler

Hi Sunchaser, a fray you say, I feel as if I just opened the door and have black eye.

Have no idea the quality of steel from other places, let me rephrase, manufactured in Australia using quality steel, in saying that yes we do use quality Australian steel commonly known as bis plate -bisaloy designed and made in Australia approx. 4 times stronger than the highest grade of mild steel with great flexing properties.

Forging, if you class filling the fluke head of the Excel with molten cast as forging, its done at a local foundry and poured at 16 hundred degrees.

Never mentioned using steel form China, not sure, we may when it comes to mild steel, dont know where it comes from, I recall saying we do not manufacture in China.

Chain, rope, Rhode not interested, making designing anchors is what we do best; we do not supply any type or combination of anchor Rhodes, I will leave those discussions up to you as you all have a different* take on it, the combination of chain size, rope whether you couple two anchors together, yes I have my take on that but I dont want another black eye so will leave it up to what works best for you.

Disagree, if an anchor design performs better than another brand, then*that is relevant,*then selecting the correct*chain, rope, or chain and*rope together will give you better performance overhall.**

I come from Victoria, nestled up in the Dandenongs.

I take it you are saying your boat weight is 130 ton, if so Iwould recomend a 120 KG Super Sarca.

Mate if you ever come over here drop in, it would be great to meet you and*give you tour on just how we go about our business.

You are looking at around 150 ton on the left running two150 K.G. Super Sarca's and the outer reef yacht on the right 66 ton, runs a 88 K.G. Excel

Sunchaser, I hope I have covered your queries, but to save a lot of discussion you might find researching our site interesting, www.anchorright.com.au
Regards.
Rex.
CEO of Anchor Right Australia.

Sorry but the photos I posted won't appear.

-- Edited by Rex on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 03:25:55 AM

-- Edited by Rex on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 03:29:18 AM

-- Edited by Rex on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 03:47:15 AM
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote