Life is good, but time to sell second boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Being relative new to boating (30 years and 20 boats), I've often had two or the use of two or more boats.

Currently with the trawler I have a 28ft Sundancer. It's a perfect boat for cruising short distances on the ICW, tying up to waterfront restaurants, going to the sand bar, and short overnight trips. But using it less and less and there's no reason to keep it. Have too many friends with similar boats and would rather buy their gas. So, it goes.

For the past two years (excepting the 8 month Loop trip), I've used the trawler way more than the Sundance, just as quick for short stuff, cheaper per mile and much more comfortable and reliable.

I've had small boats like this for years and might miss it, but don't think so. The trawler does most of what it can do, but slower, and there's a few restaurants that are limited. And at the sandbar I can't beach the trawler..... but just don't do a lot of sandbar stuff anymore, especially the crowded stuff.

So, I'll be down to only one boat, but planning a lift for it and it will be a bit easier to board. The proceeds will more than pay for the lift and then some.

I'm very lucky to have boats right behind my house where I can launch in a matter of minutes, so I'm out all the time.

Life is good.

Seevee: Your 2nd boat isnt that small IMO. Maybe if you bought a small skiff or CC that would serve you better.

We have the big boat (Mainship 370) and the dingy with a 4hp motor, and then we have a Bayliner runabout, 19' Capri. The Bayliner is - was - fun, but same here, we never use it any more. I really do need to sell it. The dingy is so quick and easy that's what we use to zip around.

I have a 17’ center console with a merc 50hp 2 stroke. When cruising I tow it. I keep it on a lift and use it all the time just to “mess about on” the river. Going to sandbars exploring places I shouldn’t take the 38’ and fishing. When kids and their families visit I’ll anchor the 38’ and they’ll use the cc to play around fish or sandbars.

I had 2-3 years of overlap with 2 boats...the 34 LRC and a SeaRay 19' runabout. It was a great starter boat and versatile enough for family fun in area lakes and rivers and fishing in the delta. She was a fun family boat! I had hopes of a trip with my 3 brothers for a fun fishing week but it never materialized.

Finally got tired of maintaining 2 and sold the Sea Ray with lots of improvements for close to what I purchased her for 9 years prior.

At this point in my life, the Californian fits me just right! Does the dink count as a second boat?

Attachments

• Breeze Booster.jpg
    Breeze Booster.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 49
  • VdVs on FW SAU.jpg
    VdVs on FW SAU.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 52
  • dink lift.jpg
    dink lift.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 57
  • dink floating.jpg
    dink floating.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Absolutely your dink is a 2nd boat Al. You even have a cover for the outboard, you're fancy!

Been there, done that...
Sold the third boat last season... just wasn't using since we picked up our current boat and cruising more.
Admiral had been "suggesting" it and knew wouldn't put it in the water this yr so let it go. Actually gained some "points" in the process.
Still have a drink so technically 2 boats, 2 motors not counting the land yacht for wintering south.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom