New headliner + odds & ends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boomerang

Guru
Vessel Name
Wandering Star
Vessel Make
PSN40
We finally got around to replacing the nasty, and I do mean nasty, 40 year old headliner in our 34 classic today. The best thing about it, other than brightening up the stateroom immensely, is that we had to remove the portlights for the liner replacement anyway so we killed 2 birds because all of the ports leaked a bit & needed resealing. They came right out because the caulk was non-existent and what was there was dry & brittle. They could stand replacing but they'll have to do for the time being. Tomorrow we'll replace the portlights & trim out the edges of the liner and, while it's not a perfect installation, it's way better than it's been for a long while.
I added a deck fill for the water tank to replace the stupid one that Mainship put in the cockpit floor. I hated it there, plus that's where the propane locker is going to go, between the salon door/windows & the flybridge ladder.
A while back I replaced the fixtures in the galley & head and did away with the sink faucet/shower combo thing and added a regular shower wand & water control so I filled the water tank & checked everything for leaks. All good.
I also added a separate fused switch panel to take care of all of the pumps onboard since the breaker panel was getting too crowded for the anchor washdown pump I installed and the cockpit washdown I have yet to install.
I'm much more productive in warm weather plus my wife has us booked for several cruising events already. I guess she's had enough of the boat being on the hard & replacing decks for the last 2 seasons!

Attachments

• 100_2000.jpg
    100_2000.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_2002.jpg
    100_2002.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_2004.jpg
    100_2004.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_2013.jpg
    100_2013.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_2014.jpg
    100_2014.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_2019.jpg
    100_2019.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_2009.jpg
    100_2009.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 57
I replaced 11 portholes last year while I was painting the boat. Keep up the good work.

Greetings,
Atta boy Mr. b! "...while it's not a perfect installation". I see nothing wrong with it what-so-ever. A bit of trim in the corners and you're done. Looks good.

Clean and bright looking stateroom! I can imagine what a PIA this job was, large improvement over original headliner, looks great!

I wanted to follow up with a couple of (almost) finished pictures. Here's the headliner pretty much trimmed out and the shelf, etc put back. We don't have custom fitted sheets (yet) & I snapped these a couple of weeks ago right after we came in from an overnight stay at a popular anchorage just an hour south of us so what you're looking at is standard bedroom sheets my wife used.
The dirt over the chain locker access is dirt from my hands when I was hanging in there finishing up the windlass & washdown installation. It should clean up with soap & water...I hope.
Also, not that it's anything special, but we wanted to keep the Mainship classic era world map thing Mainship had over the stove in the galley. This turned out to be as good an area as any, on the bulkhead between the stateroom & the head. Still some minor stuff to do like add/replace some light fixtures, add overhead light tackle rod holders under the decks in the stateroom overhead & repaint the areas that need it (like the bulkhead where the map is-my wife had the paint matched at the hardware store & it's a darn good match to the slightly creamier paint color that the PO had the entire interior redone in).
We're way closer to getting the boat tailored to our particular needs wants & desires than we have been!

Attachments

• 100_2032.jpg
    100_2032.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_2035.jpg
    100_2035.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 37
Looks great! Love the map.

Back
Top Bottom