custom water tank supplier contact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff brown

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Fuhgedaboutit
Vessel Make
1966 38 CC COMMANDER, 1976 42 California LCR , 1991 42 Holiday Mansion
I'm looking for 2 fresh water tanks for replacement 1978 Marine trader 34 DC
16 X 31 X 32 high
and
16 X 19 X 32 high

none of the charts I found have any with anything close.

Ronco Plastics build TOP quality rotomolded LDPE waste and water tanks for a very reasonable price, and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank.

In the unlikely event that they don't have anything that will fit your space(s), that you'll have go with custom tanks, Triple M Plastics in Maine Triple M Plastic Products Inc is your best choice.

--Peggie

I looked on Ronco, Duraweld and tank depot. None have any vertical tanks with that height even if I flip over one of their molds nothing matches up.
I wonder what other Marine trader owners have done.

Can your existing tanks be removed, welded, reinstalled?

-Chris

We had Miller tank co burkettsville pa fabricate 2 custom potable water tanks food grade poly 1/2 inch thick auto heat welded, 10 yr warranty exactly match existing slid them in done look and work great. Cost about $1500 for both. Very satisfied. Google Miller tank website first class fabricator.

We did a sanitation-system replacement project recently, following Peggie's advice to source from Ronco if they had a viable size or from Triple M if we needed a special design.

Turns out we found a good 40-gallon option from Ronco, but we could have gotten a tank maybe 7- or 8-gallons larger from Triple M -- a much more complex design, not a cuboid rectangle -- but the cost would have been about double.

I thought the Triple M estimate was quite reasonable for the outcome we envisioned, but then we decided we just didn't need to push the envelope that much to achieve our basic goals. The Triple M lady was very easy to deal with, though, very fast estimate, would have been fast delivery, etc.

Finding tank sizes on the Ronco site sorta sucked; no decent search tool. It was easier to search for Ronco (and some other makers) products on plasticwatertanks.com or plastic-mart.com. Once we found a good option, dealing with Ronco direct was relatively easy.

-Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom