View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #7
MurrayM
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
This is my rig below...

The Berlebach tripod (with self levelling base) I picked up a few years ago because the 15 pound (6.8Kg) Zone VI tripod for the 4X5 was starting to get too heavy to carry all day in the bush, but it works quite well with the X-T2 and 100-400 lens. The tripod head (Induro PHQ1) just came in about a week ago and like it a bunch so far.

Waiting for an L bracket and nodal slide(s) to begin experimenting with stitching together several frames for panoramas or to stitch several frames to add up to the same aspect ratio as 4X5, like my avatar. (Not much of a fan of the longer frame native to digital, especially in vertical, and would prefer to stitch than crop a single frame).

I've been 'blinders on' for photography since high school, and would tell people I intended to earn my living as an artist, using photography...ahhh youth! Someone told me I should look up Edward Weston and Ansel Adams, which I did, and got my 4X5 when I was 20.

I did go to art school, and was accepted using 4X5 B&W contact prints as the entrance portfolio. They told me my compositions were good, but my printing needed work. I took the same portfolio to the photography instructor who told me my compositions were weak, but that my printing was good. I had chosen the right program

Later, I took a one year college photography course but essentially was on self directed studies and only did a couple of the class assignments. I walked out with my first one man show printed and matted and managed to get a B.

Life threw some tangents my way, and I wasn't willing to go as far as Edward Weston for my art, where potentially starving the family was always lurking around the corner.

We already have the local museum booked for my wife and I to put on a show (she specializes in wildlife and macro) one month after I retire in 2020, which is really putting a flame under my arse to decide how to print my stuff.

My wife calls me her long term, high risk investment.

So much to do...so little time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Berlebach Induro 1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	87831   Click image for larger version

Name:	Berlebach Induro 2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	87832