Engine monitors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any suggestions on best engine monitor to connect to nmea 2000? Also any suggestions on engine room cameras that will also connect to nmea 2000

Thanks

What are you looking to do exactly? Is your engine currently putting data on your N2K network or are you looking for an adapter to do that? Do you have an MFD already to display the data, or are you looking for something to do that?

I am not aware of any N2K video cameras. NMEA 2000 doesn't have the speed to transmit video. Most MFD's that allow video input use a standard video signal, often with a proprietary connector that needs converted to standard. There are a number of 'marine grade' cameras that output a suitable signal but don't connect to N2K. You'll need to run video wiring.

Thanks for info on video was looking for a way to have a camera in engine room and to be able to view from each bridge location

Thanks for info on video was looking for a way to have a camera in engine room and to be able to view from each bridge location

Great project description from another member (and friend of
mine) here:

Project- Engine gauges- analog to NMEA 2000
Project- Engine gauges- analog to NMEA 2000 - Trawler Forum

The preferred way (in my humble opine) is to do what I did for the gauges (referenced above) and have any cameras feed into the same MFD network. This way, information is available anywhere an MFD is located.

I used to be a huge fan of independent displays- with today's technology, I much prefer a single manufacturer system of your choice.

It's too vague of a question with no details. Does the OP have any MFDs? Starting from scratch? Electronic engines? Analog engines?

Just so many options and with no details on what is being attempted, no way to give useful suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom