View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 11:18 PM   #17
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: The CBD is going to get lots of people in trouble with the tests. Although the THC isn't adequate to get high, it's enough to show up. Even Burger King talking about a CBD burger.

We're going from one bad habit to another to another. Vaping is so unhealthy. As to Marijuana, the permanent experiment has very bad results so far. ER admissions and rehab admissions are way up in Colorado. The thoughts that it was just making it legal to do what people were already doing were wrong. I was in favor of decriminalizing it, but totally legalizing has dire consequences.

On boats and crew jobs and such, we have no tolerance. In our stores and factories, we don't care what drugs one does on their own time if it doesn't impact their work. However, alcohol and pot do impact the work of many. The reality is the performance of regular pot users isn't good.

It's sad that on one side we have those trying to deny weed to those who is can really be of medical benefit and on the other side we have it permeating the lives of our young people more than most imagined it would or could. We give regular courses on drug use, including alcohol, to our employees and it does help. We even encourage, if they must use, use the nights that they don't have work the next day. For those who use daily, it becomes pretty obvious. One other thing we require is if you use, then shower and put on clean clothes before coming to work or you'll end up being sent home. Our no smoking policies extend to no smell of smoking.

I do hate the lives we've negatively impacted in our society of casual or occasional users. Records that they can't escape, totally inconsistent with their crime.

There will be young crew who think they can beat the tests. A huge market for kits including purchased urine. They're destroy their careers with even one indiscretion. I don't have answers for this, but it's a very sad situation and I do hate seeing young people develop problems.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote