Navionics Sonar charts on older (pre-evo) SIMRAD NSS MFD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJHoffnet

Vessel Name
Changes in L'Attitudes
Vessel Make
1999 Maxum 4100 SCA (not a trawler)
I have a pre-evo NSS 12 MFD/Chart plotter running the latest (V3 rev 4) software update.* Chart chip is the Platinum + 906P US Southeast - Bahamas.

When I use Navionics chart installer it has the daily updates for Charts, Sonar Charts and community edits.* I d/l them all onto the chip and can show the Navionic chart (obviously) and community edits on the MFD, but I can't find an option to show the sonar charts.* *Any other pre-evo NSSrs able to show the sonar chart?

I run Navionics on my phone and tablet (Android) as back up navigation sources so I can always check the sonar charts there - in fact, I typically keep the Navionics in sonar chart view.

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance.

It is a layer on the chart. On my old NSO you turned on “Fish and Chips” from memory

Yep, exactly. Happens a lot that the Fish and Chips layer is not turned on and it just looks like there is a bunch of data missing. Turn it on and you'll be all good.

Thanks PaulGel - I always just thought it was a fishing 'hot spot' layer. The operations manual only says that the MFD supports it, not what it is :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom