Strange lights over Exhumas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteveandZoila

Vessel Name
Miss Rita
Vessel Make
2004 Heritage East
I am in the Exumas anchored in a little bay on the west side, Samson Cay. Only 2 boats west of me, its 9: 30 and I come out on the Aft deck and notice a star flickering left and lower of the moon. A guess of 30 -40 degrees. I put my 10x binocs on it and saw red, green and white lights. Odd looks like a plane landing except wrong to landing strips here. Then I realize it has not moved! I watch for 15 mins and call my friend who is behind Big Major cay advoid the winds of Bay of Pigs. I told him the grab his binocs and look left of the moon. He diid and said there are lots of Anchor lights and he can see any stars. Then he saw it after a coach him to look, He had a few adult beverages. He saw it, looks like a Drone, I said damn you right, I have one and it has the flashing LEDs. He wanted to talk about other things, 45 mins when by and I watched the light and took pictures as he talked how we started off in the sand box together and now we are in the Exumas on boats!!! He is 71, I am 70. But the drone was still there. He was approx 1.5 miles away and looking over a hill. I took a shower and looked again, It moved right slightly over the point. Not my boat movement. Layed down for a while and came back, It was back in same place. Sleep to 6am, starting to get light, looked again, it was still there. I was so tired I laid down again, thinking I should take the dink out, but to tried. It was cloudy in the morning,could n,t see any thing, its 8:28 now no stars, cloudy again. Nothing. Most drones run just for mins on batterys. Any body's thoughts? I have a science back ground and 2 and 2 makes 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes me two I have a science background, 2 drinks and 2 drinks make 4 drinks = too much drink :)

Just a joke!

L

Same damn thing happened to me in Green Turtle Key!
Something is going on....

Ain't my drone, I am over off Long Island.

Telecomm billionaire Malone owns Sampson - he is probably up to 'someting!"

night 2

To night 4-12-19 Clouds, trying to see if I can see anything. Moon is higher. Very bright star more pure white to the south and higher. Just be low what my mother called the “Three sisters I see a light higher than yesterday that has what and green , but not seeing the red flashes Clouds moved in again.9:22 and the clouds have moved and I see the light in the same area. Not as bright other stars brighter. Last night it was the brights and twinkling. To night I see white and blue/green maybe a hint of red. Nothing like last night. Same binoculars. Maybe some optics reflections? Sure look like my Phantom last nite and to my friend too. 9:32 Now I see blue/green and red no white. I guess no more rum and to bed.
Must be a star. 9:45 time to rest. Hope all is well for TF people.

Probably the BTC tower at Staniel! :D

Greetings,
Mr. SZ. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Atmospheric conditions can cause all sorts of weird, wonderful and seemingly unexplainable effects. Post the pictures.

Are we alone in the universe? Probably not.
Is there intelligent life on other planets? Probably.
Is there intelligent life her on earth? Besides myself? Possibly.
Are we being visited by otherworld beings? Possibly.

giphy.gif

We went up to the local "boater's happy hour" here in Salt Pond, Long island.

A mix of short term visiting boaters (like us), long term US boaters (6-8 months every year), land based US "visitors" 6-8 month term, and then locals.

Yes, we definitely have plenty of visitors from different planets! And many like their booze.

Here's a thought...

https://astrobob.areavoices.com/2011/09/04/why-stars-twinkle-and-sputter-in-color/

However, shouldn't a star change position relative to the moon over 24-hrs? Did you say it was staying in place?

A lower earth orbit satellite (like the international space station) might be visible but will not be geosynchronous (standing in place relative to a spot on the earth.

A geosynchronous satellite should not be visible, even if it's rotating and reflecting light from it's solar panels, due to the size and distance involved.

I like the phrase "somethings going on", as it's usually true. LOL. Prepare for visitors ;)

Last edited:
"The brightness, twinkling and color changes sometimes prompt people to report Sirius as a UFO!
In fact, these changes are simply what happens when such a bright star as Sirius shines through the blanket of Earth’s atmosphere. The varying density and temperature of Earth’s air affect starlight, especially when we’re seeing the star low in the sky.

the above is from......

https://earthsky.org/brightest-stars/sirius-the-brightest-star

Attachments

• sirius-colors-amanda-cross-Euxton-Lancs-UK-12-11-2017-e1513077885258.jpeg
    sirius-colors-amanda-cross-Euxton-Lancs-UK-12-11-2017-e1513077885258.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 103
Thought Starman was well out range but you may want to look for the Musk license plate anyways!

If you have the bearing to the object from your boat and your friends boat, you should be able to triangulate the location of the object as the intersection of the lines from each boat to the object

Any drug traffic surveillance balloons in the area?

Perfect answer, explains everything. It's kind of funny I never made any suggestions of UFOs, etc. Just trying to figure it what I saw, and yes rum was involve.

Thank You

I was thanking Warf Dog for his answer and Link, ''also thanks to Psnedd.

I doubt there is anything tethered around the Exumas, especially Staniel. Just too many small planes around, including seaplanes delivering passengers to big charter yachts anchored all over the place.

No balloon there on av charts i have. And that wont stop the feds from ballooning anyway. One near key west now. A 182 ran onto that one. Used to be one east of freeport that i had to dodge on the way to marsh and treasure.

Don't tell us, let us guess. Your buddy was abducted by space aliens right? do do, do do.....do do, do do, the Twilight Zone.

Maybe you should read up on the proper protocol for welcoming "visitors" aboard and check if they like Rum?

As an airline pilots we often see bright planets like Venus winking in apparent red, white and green. It's an atmospheric effect that's particularly noticeable when it's low in the sky. It's often mistaken for an aircraft with its landing lights on. (It doesn't help that staring at a single point in space will cause it to appear to be moving.)

I've had people on the flight deck that couldn't be convinced it wasn't an airplane until it rose high enough that the winking effect stopped and it got the pin point look of a star.

Could it be a surveillance helicopter?
But I would guess that Jeff is probably right.
The lights might be to keep people in airplanes
from hitting it.

Are you sure its not the tri-color light on the mast of an anchored sailboat? The movement of the boat in the waves and wind changes would explain the variations in the visible colors.

Exumas has long been known a a major UFO base. Of course the Governments are concealing this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom