SIMRAD NSS Post GPS Rollover update file wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PJHoffnet

Vessel Name
Changes in L'Attitudes
Vessel Make
1999 Maxum 4100 SCA (not a trawler)
This is for those of use with discontinued/legacy versions (pre-evo) of the NSS series of MFDs from SIMRAD.

If you have one, I’m assuming -that like me - you’re affected by the GPS rollover issue. I have no precision navigation (Lat/Long) or timing data shown on my display.

I visited the SIMRAD site and navigated to their proposed software update via Help and Support > Manuals and Software updates > NSS > Software

Unfortunately, while the site shows an update is available dated 01 April 2019, when you download that update from their ftp server you get this file

NSS-3.0-46.2.24-28289-r1-Standard-1.upd

Which is the version we were all running when the Nov 2018 problem with ‘no time’ popped up. While the no time problem wasn’t too crippling, you still had precision nav (Lat/Long) it did make looking up tides and currents a bit more work.

In Jan 2019 SIMRAD released NSS-3.0-46.2.24-28289-r2-Standard-2.upd which gave us time back - and it was the current version of the software running when we were hit with GPS roll over.

So, as noted here https://www.simrad-yachting.com/news/gps-week-rollover/ SIMRAD knows the NSS are affected, but don’t have a update ready. I can only assume they removed the Version 3.0 R2 update and ‘fell back’ to the R1 update so at least we could navigate.

I did a ‘contact us’ write up to them, asking that they have their server jockey check to make sure they simply didn’t mess up the ftp link hyperlinked by the download button - but I’m leaning towards no upgrade available now, so here, use this old version that at least gives you posit data.

SIMRAD notification email arrived at 1054Z announcing they have posted V3 Rev 4 .... installed this morning. Works on my pre-evo NSS12.

Follow the usual path to the update, dated 9 April
SIMRAD home page (www.simrad-yachting.com) > Help & Support > Manual & Software Updates > Select NSS from the drop down > Update is at the bottom.

NSS12 update

Thanks Paul,

I also had no date or position on my pre EVO NSS12. Updated as you suggested and now all ok. I also seem to now be able to acquire more satellites.......imagination ?

BJ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom