Having a boat makes you prepared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou_tribal

Guru
Vessel Name
Bleuvet
Vessel Make
Custom Built
Toda has been a rough day where I am leaving. We go a strong freezing rain storm with heavy ice accumulation that put down many trees or part of trees. We are curently out of power and seeing the power line bathing in the river I do not think we will get back to power soon. My wife is working at the hospital and they are also powerless, not sure how much time they can sustain on generator but hopefully everything will be fine for people needing medical intervention.
Now it is starting to snow, what will add to ice weight on trees so I expect mor trees to go down.
But having a boat makes you prepared! We have the boat portable generator at home, with battery pack and portable led light, portable propane stove that we keep aboard in case of an improvised picnic. And with a boat you learn to be energy conservative!
So glad to have a boat! [emoji4]

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0930.jpg

L

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. This winter has been brutal. Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, floods, high winds...c'mon summer!!! Keep safe mon ami.

giphy.webp

You could save on generator output by putting the fridge and the freezer on the porch.:)

Take care,stay safe.

You could save on generator output by putting the fridge and the freezer on the porch.

Or you could move to Vancouver Island. Today it was eleven out and people were complaining how cold it was (Centigrade folks).

Greetings,
Mr. L_t. This winter has been brutal. Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, floods, high winds...c'mon summer!!! Keep safe mon ami.

giphy.webp
Next week I will be in Martinique, I won't care about ice [emoji1]

L

You could save on generator output by putting the fridge and the freezer on the porch.:)

Take care,stay safe.
That's what I am doing with my wine, I clearly set priorities in my life :D

L

You could save on generator output by putting the fridge and the freezer on the porch.

Or you could move to Vancouver Island. Today it was eleven out and people were complaining how cold it was (Centigrade folks).
Don't bet too much on this, it was 13C here yesterday, but mother nature just reminds us that she is the one to decide when summer is coming!

L

Next week I will be in Martinique, I won't care about ice [emoji1]

L

I will forever be in your debt because it you YOU, LOU TRIBAL, who aimed me for Martinique.:smitten:
There is no better place after an Atlantic Crossing. :thumb:

Most paperwork (minimal) and friendly (maximal) stop in the Caribbean. :dance:

And that looks like hell of an ice storm. Sorry I missed it. :eek:

I will forever be in your debt because it you YOU, LOU TRIBAL, who aimed me for Martinique.:smitten:
There is no better place after an Atlantic Crossing. :thumb:

Most paperwork (minimal) and friendly (maximal) stop in the Caribbean. :dance:

And that looks like hell of an ice storm. Sorry I missed it. :eek:
No debt at all and no problem my friend, it was my pleasure to help a great mariner like you are, glad you liked it as much as I am!
Cannot wait to back there again see and dive with my good friends Pacha & Corinne from ABC Dive and spend some time walking the docks of Le Marin marina.
If by any luck anybody is there and want to shake hands let me know :)

L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom