Standard Horizon HX890 Handheld FW update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

etnad2

Vessel Make
Californian 48 LRC
Anyone tried to do the firmware update on this handheld?

I'm trying to go from Firmware Version V1.01 to V1.11. Downloaded the update program and tried to apply the update.

Got:
"Attempted firmware update on HX890. Downloaded file from standardhorizon.com Firmware updater fails with: Current Version 01.01 Update Version 01.11 This program does not support the current version Please user another programs."

Emailed support and they weren't much help - suggested I send the radio in.

For the record, I called Standard Horizon and they had me ship my radio in free of charge. They now say my radio is waiting for a NEW firmware update to be created. So, I assume the update currently at SH won't work with current HX-890s.

Thanks for doing that. I identified the issue a month ago, showed them other posts saying it wasn't just my radio, and they asked for me to ship mine in. Tried to tell them just go grab a new one and try the firmware flash, it won't work. I still have a free shipping label, but needed my radio so I didn't ship it. Hope they post something soon, that they actually test this time.

v1.12 released recently. I flashed from 1.01 to 1.12, it completed successfully and then bricked by radio :-( With the battery in the distress light glows and the unit doesn't power on. They only had a 1.11 to test an upgrade on in support, which worked, I'm guessing they have an issue from 1.01. Sad days...

That's a bummer. I went from the 1.11 that SH installed for me to 1.12 and everything went smoothly. I used the included utility to enable the position functions and that appeared to work as well. I still need to test function though.

Sorry for your bad luck!

v1.12 released recently. I flashed from 1.01 to 1.12, it completed successfully and then bricked by radio :-( With the battery in the distress light glows and the unit doesn't power on. They only had a 1.11 to test an upgrade on in support, which worked, I'm guessing they have an issue from 1.01. Sad days...

Hi, I Expect the same issue with my HX890 and i'm unable to obtain any reply from Standard Horizon.

I'll try to upgrade my VHF with the newest firmware available and after they complete the upgrade, i'm unable to power Up the radio and the DSC distress light glow up too.

My original version was like you 1.01 but to v1.14.

I working in IT, I doing firware upgrade all my F*g life. It's the first time I expect an issue. I didnt received any error message and they dont have any event log viewer to track the issue.

Do you have a call number from Standard Horizon or Yeasu dirrent then me ?
1-714-827-7600

For Technical Support (8AM – 5PM PST ) or Customer Service call (800)767-2450 between 8AM – 5PM PST

Please let me know if your incident it's close now and what the resolution.

Thank you in advance

Does anyone know the exacts on the 1.12 to 1.14 upgrade? What does it fix/upgrade?

Why not send it back to the company for repair and upgrade?

Back
Top Bottom