Fuel Consumption Graph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bridaus

Vessel Name
Morgan le Fay
Vessel Make
KK 42
I know I've seen it online, and I have two copies with the boat (5 hours away) and none with me...

Does anyone have the KK42 fuel consumption curve handy as a PDF or link? I've scoured the internet and Krogen Cruisers, nothing. I feel like I've seen it before too. Even checked Richard's site... unless I'm not using the right terms.... sigh.

Planning a trip. Thanks in advance.

The best K42 specific fuel consumption curve was given in the Leishman edition of Bebe's book Voyaging under power. But my copy is 1,000 miles away.

So the next best way is to look at the Ford Lehman 135s prop power and fuel consumption curve. I have a curve for the 120 hp version which is attached. Add about 10% for the 135 hp version if that is what you have.

David

Attachments

• Lehman 120 prop curve.pdf
    297.6 KB · Views: 103
So close. I do have the 120. The graph I was seeking has speed and fuel consumption on it....

Two curves, one on left going down and one on right going up. thanks!

Hi,

Here at the forum is Richard and his KK42 he has many miles and ocean crossings could be the best knowledge on this subject. Link to her page and You will find his email address on the right side of the page.

https://dauntlessatsea.com/

NBs

Last edited:
Here's the FL 135 data

Attachments

• PDF7518154-Lehman_Super-135-DataSheet.pdf
    311.8 KB · Views: 86
For the KK42 with the FL SP135.

Attachments

• D5D03FAD-29B3-4F17-84D4-20BBDB489827.jpeg
    D5D03FAD-29B3-4F17-84D4-20BBDB489827.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 192
If that is the same boat/weight, the difference between the 120 and 135 will be very minor. A little different at the top end where the extra 15hp shows up, but down at economic cruise speed NMPG vs speed curve will be almost exactly the same. Within a few percent. But each boat varies a few percent from exact same model, so there is that too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom