2000 Mainship 390 Water pipe on bow near anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainshiptom

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Naphy III
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
I need to replace my water pipe on front of the boat, tried to get in via front cabin with no success, does it just pull out?

is it easy to replace?

How long a pipe is it?

Thanks in advance

Tom

There are three up there, chain-locker drain, washdown and FWD Air Conditioning...which water pipe are you replacing, and why?

Our MS390 had a slight leak at the A/C water outlet, very difficult to access. Long arms required! Turned out to be just a loose clamp.

There are three up there, chain-locker drain, washdown and FWD Air Conditioning...which water pipe are you replacing, and why?

Our MS390 had a slight leak at the A/C water outlet, very difficult to access. Long arms required! Turned out to be just a loose clamp.

Its the wash down water pipe that is looking very sad and dry

Much of the systems were installed before the deck and hull were married. I cannot possibly reach the vents for the fuel tanks or water tank. I have to cut access holes to get to them and install deck plates to seal the hole back up again.

390 Bow water

You can access the water line under the Queen Bed.

2000 Mainship 390 water hose for wash down

I have the same boat. Nightmare to get to the connection to replace the hose.
Could not do mine, so even though it was 19+ years old, yellow, but did not leak, I just replaced the sprayer head.

I took the forward stateroom queen bed bulkhead mirror assembly off to see if I could gain access, and still could not reach the connectors...I think this was installed as boat was being built.

I installed a 110 volt pressure washer above the bow thruster, connected to water and ran a quick connect for the washer up to panel where the washdown is. I used fresh water as the flow rate is low. Great to wash anchor.

wash down water pipe

You can access the water line under the Queen Bed.

I will try that, but is the water pipe secured anywhere or can i just pull back to pump ?

once i secured a new water pipe to it?

I unscrewed the faucet, cut the hose and installed a 3 way valve to feed the washer or hose.

Its the wash down water pipe that is looking very sad and dry

So...it's "dry"? Dry as in "no water coming out, but not leaking"?

Or...is it leaking?

Curious, did you check the manifold valves to see if someone has shut off water to this pipe? Your MS390 has individual shut-off valves for every individual pipe on the boat, and they are located on a manifold under the lower helm. You can't see if they have been turned off without attaching the valve key, which should be hanging from a lanyard at the manifold.

It is very common (and is a best practice) to shut off the water to the wash-down connection and the other exterior lines when the boat is expected to be in freezing conditions. Very cool on a Mainship 390 that you can winterize individual (exterior) water lines while keeping water flowing to the interior plumbing.

The plumbing in your mainship is first-rate stuff, well built and designed. Unless someone allowed it to freeze, I can't imagine why it would need replacing.

Whoops...sorry...new plumbing design vs. old

Curious, did you check the manifold valves to see if someone has shut off water to this pipe? Your MS390 has individual shut-off valves for every individual pipe on the boat, and they are located on a manifold under the lower helm.

Oops...

I went to check my docs library for the 390 and discovered that prior to 2003, Mainship used a completely different layout that did not include the manifold valves found on my boat.

I think your boat will look like the diagram below (from the 2000 model year owner's manual). There is no shut-off valve manifold on the older models.

In your boat, the plumbing from the pump to the wash-down will be connected to a tee fitting that should be accessable when you pull out the refrigerator.

Sorry for the confusion about the valve manifold -- apparently another incremental feature added as they went along.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• !water.jpg
    !water.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 145
Back
Top Bottom