KK42’s on Yachtworld

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
It’s interesting that there are currently only 3 listings for KK42’s on Yachtworld (US and Canada). Similarly there are only 2 Krogen Manatees listed for sale on the site. I wonder if that is due to an environment of local private sales?

Jim

I've been tracking a number of specific brands and models of the years and have noticed the same. I suspect there are some local sales, but I also think they tend to go in waves. Last year there were quite a number of KK42's on the market.

I was locked in a battle for mine with three other folks. One of which told the broker that he had a standing offer for me to sell it to him for whatever I have in it at anytime. The KK's are hot for whatever reason right now (or maybe always and I'm just new to the phenomenon).

Last edited:
Its nice that the KK42s are still in demand.

Jim: Are thinking about selling? :hide:

Nope! It will be 6 years this June 1st and no regrets, except I wish we had more time on her on some of the past years. I’ve seen a lot of “40ish footer” boats on the water during the past 6 years and have never once felt “I wish I had that boat instead.” I’ve also been on some 30+ KK42s and have never said “I wish I owned that one” either. That includes the KK44. I still have KK48 envy, and I suspect I always will, but I don’t envy the extra maintenance, and costs of a larger vessel.

Jim

I am not seeing very many nice boats of any make being listed. The economy is strong and good used boats are in demand. I am seeing nice niche boats like a 1985 choylee 75’ for $300,000. Problem is if you can afford operations and maintenance on a 900hp 75’ boat you can afford to buy something much newer.

It is a very difficult time to find deals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom