Criteria for "membership level"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
OK, I noticed I went from a "veteran" member to a "senior" member... I don't know if that's a step up or a step down!
biggrin.gif

Just curious about the criteria, and what all the levels are. Not that it's really important, just curious as always.

RE: Criteria for "membership level"?

Well I made it to "senior" member so it must be a step down!!!

Criteria to obtain a certain rank is a closely held secret here at the corporate offices.* We don't want anyone "spamming" us with posts just trying to make "Full Bird Senior".*
wink.gif

And by the way, we reserve the right to demote you at any time to "NEWBIE"!
biggrin.gif

Might I petition for "senior moment"? It'll take me a while to get to 100 posts or whatever that level is, but that would be more fitting.

We're also thinking about GOM and GOW.

(Grumpy Old Man/Woman)
wink.gif

Did you recently have a big birthday?
Steve

"Veteran" seems to imply experience (like number of posts), and "Senior" seems to imply age (like length of time since starting membership).

Maybe "veteran" should be a status earned by having X number of years owning and/or maintaining a boat or boats?

Anyway, I offer these comments in what is probably a vain attempt to increase my online social standing, without knowing whether it does any good or not. Even boy scouts know how many merit badges it takes to be an Eagle Scout.

Perhaps I'll start another thread on this topic to see if there is any change.

I can think of a couple more... How about:

Old Fart

and

Outcast

biggrin.gif

Doug wrote:

"a closely held secret here at the corporate offices"

Well, I did some research, and it turns out the TrawlerForum "corporate offices" are in the back of an old Frito Lay truck in the mall parking lot................

Brent, soon to be demoted to troublemaker.....

I, for one, appreciate being promoted to veteran but even though I like animals, I am not really qualified to treat them in a medical capacity.

Don't worry about it .
My father told me .

" You are what you are going to be".

So ! i blame my mother.

My best is all i have to offer . Go get your own Mavis !

We dream the impossible dream.

Donald & Mavis

Well that explains why I am listed as Pretentious ******* on other sites.

Old Stone wrote:

I like the "Old Fart" recommendation - could I be first? If that was too crude, maybe "Wind Passer"?

Your wish is my command!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

JohnHow about changing me to "Legend in his own mind" *
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by Carey on Sunday 27th of February 2011 12:39:53 PM

Carl, we are all extremely jealous, and no idea why the moderator treats you with such favoritism.

Old Stone wrote:

Simple answer - It's because I'm just an OLD FART!

********* Carl,* Congrats!* You have surpassed everyone on the Forum.

JohnP*

Old Stone wrote:

Baker - You da MAN! I LOVE it! Now I have someting to be proud of!
biggrin.gif

HAHAHAHA......

Carey...you asked for it!!!

Thanks John. You are awesome!!!

Brings to mind "be careful what you ask for".*
smile.gif

-- Edited by Carey on Sunday 27th of February 2011 11:26:11 PM

I guess I'm in trouble. I don't have a boat yet and won't for about three more years. The plans are in place but I blame my wife. She's the one who encouraged me to go back to school and get my engineer's license, I'm sailing now unlicensed. It seems it will take me years to be more then a newbie but that's ok, I like the banter between all of you. I enjoy the forum and hope I can contribute. Nice to meet you all.

Anthony

Anthonyd wrote:
I guess I'm in trouble. I don't have a boat yet and won't for about three more years. The plans are in place but I blame my wife. She's the one who encouraged me to go back to school and get my engineer's license, I'm sailing now unlicensed. It seems it will take me years to be more then a newbie but that's ok, I like the banter between all of you. I enjoy the forum and hope I can contribute. Nice to meet you all.

Anthony
Welcome AnthonyDon't be bashful. Just chime in with any questions or comments.
PS-No boat required.*
smile.gif

Welcome Anthony!

The best part of boats is dreaming about them, and it sounds like you will stay focused on the dream.

Regarding your Newbie status, that won't last long.*

I'm still hoping to attain the status of Pretentious ******* someday, although my petition has been denied to date.

Delfin, I had to guess but the amount of letters fit!!!!.....I in no way think you are a pretentious *******. Just let me know what you want your name to be!!!!

You Rock John!!!

Carl
If you need help with the spelling on those cards, you know who to call.

Carl,
Once you have a boat and give up work they become "Pleasure Cards" and must have a photo of the boat on front.
Hand them out at will, he won't mind.

I am getting in and answering and commenting on any and everything just to increase my status.
I am sick of being a "Senior Member" Iam a "Grumpy Old Bast..d"
Benn

-- Edited by Tidahapah on Friday 4th of March 2011 01:48:42 AM

Tidahapah, you're not far from being a Guru.* Just hang in there and give it to us.*

Old Stone wrote:

SOME of us got ours without having to pay any money!
Hey, I worked hard for that designation, and no money was involved!!

Besides, Baker's boat needed a good detailing, and I was glad to help.....

Back
Top Bottom