Guest stateroom upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selidster

Vessel Name
Lemonade
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 016
Wondering if anyone has changed the guest stateroom to a double birth on a KK42? It's fine for kids and single guests as is but was thinking a double birth would be nicer for couples visiting. Ant thoughts?

Wondering if anyone has changed the guest stateroom to a double birth on a KK42? It's fine for kids and single guests as is but was thinking a double birth would be nicer for couples visiting. Ant thoughts?

Not sure it would work but maybe 2 bunks, the lower bunk with a pull out like a trundle bed?????

Not sure, but ours has bunks also - bottom is a single and top is a double. The top can slide back 'to a single' to give more elbow space in the room, and is very easy to step up to :thumb:

My policy is to never create too much comfort for visiting guests.

3 day rule right? Fish and guests. Too funny.

I believe I saw picture of one that was modified like that. If I remember right they said the bed was a full size mattress, tight against the forward bulkhead, with just barely enough room to shuffle around it on three sides.
The one KK42 we made an offer on, and someone here bought recently, was set up with the stairs out of the wheelhouse, over/under bunk and a head forward, and a walk around with head in the midship. I think they got away with the bigger walk around on that one because there was no hallway so the midship room was bigger.

My policy is to never create too much comfort for visiting guests.

Oh come on now, we've had to set up a Google calendar for all of our friends and family that are going to join us on river trips and on the sections of the LOOP - right now the Hudson River valley and Tenn. River valley are vying for top spots :thumb: And it helps that we both love to entertain - and we are most fortunate to have so many close friends and family.

Oh come on now, we've had to set up a Google calendar for all of our friends and family that are going to join us on river trips and on the sections of the LOOP - right now the Hudson River valley and Tenn. River valley are vying for top spots :thumb: And it helps that we both love to entertain - and we are most fortunate to have so many close friends and family.

I am about to suffer the ultimate test. Another couple onboard for 2 months.
Single stateroom and that very famous convertible settee and one head.
If no one dies or is killed, it is a success.
We are going to give up the stateroom because, I like to get up early. Plus, I do the cooking so it gives me a chance to get stuff ready for breakfast.
The head has two doors, one to the stateroom and one to the stairs up to the pilot house.
The only foreseeable problem is finding a place to nap.

Yep, nice to have two staterooms and two heads, at opposite ends of the boat.

Yep, nice to have two staterooms and two heads, at opposite ends of the boat.

My N46 had 2 staterooms and 2 heads. No one wanted to travel with me so I did not see a reason for 2 staterooms unless I was transporting beer to the islands

Drinks for 6
Dinner for 4
Sleeps 2

Ted

With our big sundeck and queen sofa bed I'm thinking:
Drinks for 12
Dinner for 8
Sleeps 6 (close friends)
:angel::angel::angel:

And these close friends have traveled with us on train trips, motorhome trips, cruise trips ....

We're more
Drinks for 8
Dinner for 8
Sleep where you want/can for 8

Close friends as well

But we digressed.

Our guest SR has a single and a pullman berth which was standard on the KK42. The exception, which only a few were built, had the floor plan you mention.

We love having the pullman. Lena uses it as an office and for the number of times we have guests we wouldn’t want to give up the room. Guest have said how much they like the separate berths. They get more sleep, being alone in an unfamiliar bed.

Attachments

• 9522CAFE-EFAF-44D3-9101-8E8FE077F7CD.jpg
    9522CAFE-EFAF-44D3-9101-8E8FE077F7CD.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 033DBC66-6196-42E3-8EEB-69350871525E.jpg
    033DBC66-6196-42E3-8EEB-69350871525E.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DBD1EA1C-18FE-4352-84EE-5E4726A447FF.jpg
    DBD1EA1C-18FE-4352-84EE-5E4726A447FF.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Greetings,
Voyager a KK-42 number 104 has the guest stateroom as above, but the layout is different to accommodate a double berth. The small desk is aft so the cushions just form a small seat next to the wide bed. We put a mattress topper on the hard foam and now we too have lots of guests.

Would love to see it. Sounds perfect.

I wouldn’t change SaltyLady’s lay out at all. Two separate berths in the guest stateroom. It works!
What I don’t like to advertise to my guests is the fact that the pilot house settee turns into the best double berth on the boat!
Why ruin my morning coffee space......

Here’s a couple of pictures that show how to get a little wider berth in the guest stateroom. The desk needs to move to the aft end and just extend the plywood base for the mattress.
Hopefully this helps. Ours came this way. They say: If you’ve seen a Krogen, you’ve seen one Krogen.

Attachments

• E43952E5-401A-4F9F-99C8-35E28BCA5C11.jpeg
    E43952E5-401A-4F9F-99C8-35E28BCA5C11.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 68BC6C00-F396-45E7-B51A-D6F6C9D3EC85.jpeg
    68BC6C00-F396-45E7-B51A-D6F6C9D3EC85.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 52
Thank you for the pictures. I really like it. When I get back to the boat I'm going see what takes to do it.

Back
Top Bottom