Lehman Engine Rebuild DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patzfan4eva

Veteran Member
Rumor has it that there is a Ford Lehman Rebuild DVD out there for sale of download,*has anyone see or heard of it? I've seen a small portion of it on YouTube, but would like to get the full version for my current rebuild project.

Thanks,,

David

I haven't seen it but would be interested. Which engine are you building?

Lehman 120, take a look at this video from Youtube that supposed to be from an instructional DVD.

Boatshow SD-Sequence 1-MPEG-1.mpg

I bet it wasn't their first rebuild?
biggrin.gif
* Pretty slick!* Thanks.

Here's the direct link:*

Very informative. Those guys are in the UK, where the 120 was marinized as I recall. I bet they have quite a few under their belt. Notice how he numbered the valves, I'm guessing they were cleaned and lapped back in their original holes. Brian at American Diesel would be your source in the states for parts and technical answers. What sort of failure did you have?

Just curious how many hours on your 120 Lehman, before needing to be rebuilt. I always understood that engine to go 20,000+ hours.

rendezvous wrote:
Just curious how many hours on your 120 Lehman, before needing to be rebuilt. I always understood that engine to go 20,000+ hours.
*Only in a perfect world and a marine engine is NOT in a perfect world.

I know one who did a rebuild at 6000 hours, another who had to do one at 2000 hours. Neither thought they did anything wrong, that the damage was done previous to their ownership. Could be so, no one will ever know for sure.

-- Edited by jleonard on Thursday 9th of February 2012 06:45:46 AM

I'd also be interested in that DVD or download.* Please keep me posted.

Thanks.

I spoke to Bob Smith, the original engineer that designed the Lehman Engine. He said that he has never made a DVD of this class since he has found that hands on is the best way to learn the Lehman. I do not know if he is right or not but he does teach at the Trawler University during most Trawlerfest conferences offered by Passagemaker magazine.

I would love to have a DVD like the rest of the readers of this forum. I will let the group know if I ever come by one.

In the meantime I plan to take BOb's class.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom