Who Would You Sail With?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
So, given all the threads on this forum.

All the expertise, all the challenges faced, all the fire fighting accomplished...

If you were crossing the stream, going down the windward islands, slugging up the west coast, cruising the east or west coast of Mexico, doing the Inside Passage...

Based on what you read here in a guy/gal, and more importantly his or her vessel...

Who would you choose to sign on with for a challenging and yet enjoyable voyage. And why?

Since I posted it, I am excluded. :p

Last edited:
Aw, come on Menz, I wouldn’t mind a bit of a voyage on your boat! Warm weather, blue water, sandy beaches....and I would even bring the Rum, a very large barrel might be enuff, depending on how many others are along!

RT Firerfly

I like to be on my boat and in charge (OCD control freak). If I'm going to give all that up, then I want to be entertained.

Ted

Who would you choose to sign on with for a challenging and yet enjoyable voyage. And why?

Someone that has a skill set that I don't have. Leaving that to one's imagination. :D

Greetings
Mr. OC. " If I'm going to give all that up..." I'm afraid IF you had me as a shipmate you would give "all that up" very quickly...

200w.webp

Last edited:
The Admiral #1 of course.

After that all crew must be in agreement with onboard anchor, fly bridge, instrument array, oil and fuel filters, lack of polishing system, definition of rough water, no state registration, political views, global warming causation, Chinese built boat, active stabilizers, no dogs and no teak decks.

It would appear that the potential crew list has now become very small. Maybe best to use ambulatory and a good story teller as the guidelines. :thumb:

Janice142 would be a good travel companion, because I think she would take the time to meander and experience locations fully, rather than romp from one anchorage to the next.

My wife and Richard on Dauntless ( if he would have us ) . His past experience, weather knowledge, high energy and what seems be a laid back attitude.

I guess it would just be myself alone as I doubt anyone could stand me for more than a couple of hours without jumping off. and I like it that way so don't bother supplying any sympathy.

Answering a different question and pretending they are the same. It's close enough to a Gilligan's Island thread. I'd rather be shipwrecked with Ginger.

Attachments

• tinalouise23.jpg
    tinalouise23.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I'd have to go with Richard on dauntless as well. He has knack for doing things many only dream of including me.

ASD and Crusty Chief and their Admirals.

When we consider friends who we want to invite we usually pick people who do not have a boat. That way an opportunity to be in the water is more special to them. That's not to say we don't invite boat owners.

Usually the determining qualities are compatibility with us.

Crusty Chief, Al, and their wives would be a good trip as well...great company those folks :thumb:

So, given all the threads on this forum.

All the expertise, all the challenges faced, all the fire fighting accomplished...

If you were crossing the stream, going down the windward islands, slugging up the west coast, cruising the east or west coast of Mexico, doing the Inside Passage...

Based on what you read here in a guy/gal, and more importantly his or her vessel...

I’d cruise with Murray and his family as long as he’d bring along his camera and equipment. He could teach me landscape photography and I’d bore him with wildlife photography. Oh, we would have to agree to leave our politics at home!

Unfortunately I agree that traveling with someone on a boat with different political views these days can be problematic. That is too bad, because we generally never had those issues before in the U.S., in our lifetimes at least. Hopefully this will change.

I’d cruise with Murray and his family as long as he’d bring along his camera and equipment. He could teach me landscape photography and I’d bore him with wildlife photography. Oh, we would have to agree to leave our politics at home!

Can do! :D (Just ask Al)

Sorry, guys. I'd only do it on a cruise ship; definitely not on a small boat. Just being honest. :blush:

We usually travel with our good friend Johnny Walker although we sometimes invite Glen Levit who recently turned 18.

Nobody, don't want to look like a clown in front of you salty dogs lol

L

I would also be reluctant to do a long cruise w company. It is a good way to lose a friendship.

I don't know anyone on the board personally, and feel like I would want to know more than just an on-line persona before I signed on to their vessel. There are a bunch of folks here I would like to meet in an anchorage, several of which there might be a decent chance to do so this summer. Even some of our best friends only last a couple days buddy-boating with us. I think our pace is a bit too relaxed for most.

Last edited:
Janice142 would be a good travel companion, because I think she would take the time to meander and experience locations fully, rather than romp from one anchorage to the next.

I’ve never met Janice, but would agree.

I’ve never met Janice, but would agree.

I agree! Janice would be a good cruising companion.

I would also vote for Richard on Dauntless, and Twistedtree, so I could cruise on his boat. [emoji51]

Popularity contest, eh??! Well, I haven't met any of you in person yet. I have formed some real friendships (offline) with some guys from the C Brats and The Hull Truth.

I wish we could organize a rendezvous in the Northeast for us northern TF members.

Well we will be at Block Island for race week starting on 6/21-26. We are cheering on a friend who would welcome a entourage. Pm me if you want to join us

I would also be reluctant to do a long cruise w company. It is a good way to lose a friendship.
Or solidify it. I first met ASD and his Admiral in 2014 and we've stayed in touch since then. I met Mr. and Mrs. Crusty last year.

It's amazing how 6 people who didn't know each other can become friends even with infrequent personal contact.

Especially when those 4 have to put up with the likes of me!

Or solidify it. I first met ASD and his Admiral in 2014 and we've stayed in touch since then. I met Mr. and Mrs. Crusty last year.

It's amazing how 6 people who didn't know each other can become friends even with infrequent personal contact.

Especially when those 4 have to put up with the likes of me!

You did mean to say “5” ?

:popcorn:I would vote for my brother in law & his wife. He is a hell of a good crewman & his wife is absolutely delightful!:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom