View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 05:54 PM   #16
Juliet 15

City: Bellingham
Vessel Name: Knot Hours
Vessel Model: Hatteras 58 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
I'm always interested in hearing about previous boating experiences of newby trawler purchasers.
I don't know about others experiences, but I expect ours are not as extensive as many.

We owned a 28' SeaRay Sundancer, shipped her to the Caribbean. Cruised the local islands of Vieques and Culebra. On the way to St. Thomas one day I realized my single-engine, non-generator weekender was not enough for big waters. On my next business trip to the US I scoured both coasts of FL for a bigger one. I bought a 46' Sea Ray, with twin Cummins 6BTA's and a genset. My wife and our 2 girls flew in, we spent 2 weeks provisioning, then we pointed the bow east. 1500 miles and 2.5 weeks later we arrived on the east side of Puerto Rico, where we kept her for the next 3 years. We cruised all the Spanish VI, the USVI and most of the BVI. Sold her and moved to WA state. Waited 6 years to buy a boat, and made it a Bayliner to tour the San Juans. We were surprised by the beauty, and plan to enjoy it for about 3 years, then set out for some big trips.
Juliet 15 is offline   Reply With Quote