View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #14
CPseudonym
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
RE: Bimini top protectant or sealer

Quote:
Marin wrote:
My wife uses a method taught to her by a local canvas shop that uses Sunbrella for a lot of projects, including marine. It involves washing the Sunbrella (in a machine) using a product she gets from the canvas shop. Then the canvas is spread out and sprayed with 303 when it's wet and again when it's dry (I think). She takes care of all the canvas on our boat and frankly, I don't pay much attention to what she does. I do see the results, however. The first time she used this method was on our flying bridge side panels. These have always built up "green" stains along the bottoms during the winter. She treated the two panels the last time we had them off the boat, which I think was some four years ago or so. They have not developed any "green" since.

I'll ask her what the process is and what the product is that she gets from the canvas shop.
Marin, I would really be interested in finding out the name of the product your wife gets from the canvas shop and any other details of her process. Her results are worth duplicating.
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote