February weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
Took the boat over to Eagle Harbor for the weekend, a small bay on Cypress Island about 2 hours from Bellingham.

The first photo was taken on our way across Bellingham Bay and show the mountains in BC.* The big raft of seabirds was also on the bay.* The rest of the shots are at Eagle Harbor.* The third photo was the view from our boat's position in the bay.

-- Edited by Marin on Monday 6th of February 2012 12:00:56 PM

Attachments

• eagle 8.jpg
    eagle 8.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 114
  • eagle 5.jpg
    eagle 5.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 99
  • eagle 4.jpg
    eagle 4.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 109
  • eagle 2.jpg
    eagle 2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 110
  • eagle 9.jpg
    eagle 9.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 114
  • eagle 7.jpg
    eagle 7.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 106
  • eagle 6.jpg
    eagle 6.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 110
Man! Winter cruising in the PNW on a nice day! Is there anything better?

Thanks for the photos!

I flew over Eagle Harbor Saturday about 1230 in the 182, enroute from Bellingham to Roche Harbor for lunch with kids and grandson. It was a beautiful day. Here's Marin's boat breaking ice in Squalicum Harbor a*few weeks ago!

Bill

-- Edited by Island Cessna on Monday 6th of February 2012 09:45:08 PM

Attachments

• la perouse in ice.jpg
    la perouse in ice.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 109
Dramatic settings!

Same weekend - about 3/4 of the way up Howe Sound at McNabb Creek.* The mastless sailboat is a homebuild project by a runaway bluenoser that we met at Plumper Cove last winter.* We came looking for him this week and found him tied up to an old logging company float part way up Howe Sound.* When we stopped we thought we would carry on to Squamish but its been so nice here we'll likely stay until we are ready to go to the Vancouver Boat show.* Today I set my Hughes tripod system up on shore so that we could get online because this area is in a cellular black hole.

Attachments

• mcnabb creek -1.jpg
    mcnabb creek -1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 107
  • mcnabb creek -2.jpg
    mcnabb creek -2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 100
  • mcnabb creek -3.jpg
    mcnabb creek -3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 105
Eagle Harbor is one of our favorite stops. Hiking Cypress Island is a lot of fun too. So many secluded places there. Very jealous since we are inland and unable to get to the water right now. Thanks for the virtual journey there Marin.

Keith Olive in Cowiche

Not*too dramatic, but here is a calm day (this Monday)*with a pelican in San Francisco Bay. looking westward from the entrance channel for*Point Portrero Reach (Richmond, CA)*with Angel Island in central view, with a bit of the GG bridge in the left background.* Saw hundreds of waterbirds resting*on the western of the two Brothers Islands, on Red Rock Island, and all lined up on Brooks Island, with a scattering of pelicans (one pictured here) between Red Rock and Pt. Richmond.* Fishing must be very good for them.

-- Edited by markpierce on Wednesday 8th of February 2012 12:24:39 AM

Attachments

• pelican in bay.jpg
    pelican in bay.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 148
bobofthenorth wrote:

Same weekend - about 3/4 of the way up Howe Sound at McNabb Creek.* The mastless sailboat is a homebuild project by a runaway bluenoser that we met at Plumper Cove last winter.* We came looking for him this week and found him tied up to an old logging company float part way up Howe Sound.* When we stopped we thought we would carry on to Squamish but its been so nice here we'll likely stay until we are ready to go to the Vancouver Boat show.* Today I set my Hughes tripod system up on shore so that we could get online because this area is in a cellular black hole.

Forgive my ignorance but what is a runaway bluenoser?

scarletbison wrote:bobofthenorth wrote:

Same weekend - about 3/4 of the way up Howe Sound at McNabb Creek.* The mastless sailboat is a homebuild project by a runaway bluenoser that we met at Plumper Cove last winter.*.............

Forgive my ignorance but what is a runaway bluenoser?

Sorry - I think its moderately PC.* Bluenosers are Nova Scotians.* Since my mother's side of the family came from the various Musquodoboits, even if the term isn't completely PC, I'm entitled to use it.

It's why the fishing schooner Bluenose (homeport Lunenburg, NS) is named Bluenose.* It's not because the hull is blue (it's not, it's black).

Back
Top Bottom