Just joined, just bought a trawler.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliet 15

Vessel Name
Knot Hours
Vessel Make
Hatteras 58 LRC
Greetings. After spending 3 years searching the US and Canada for the right one we finally took the plunge and bought a Hat 58 LRC. Hoping to cruise down the west coast then make the jump to Galapagos, Fiji, Marquesas, etc.

Almost 20 years ago we made a trip 1500 miles from Naples, FL to the USVI in a 46' and fell in love with the life. Now the kids are gone and we're hoping it's still got the same magic. Love to talk to anyone who has experience and lessons to share.

Neil

Welcome aboard!!!!

Congratulations, that is an exciting itinerary. Where did you find your 58 and where are the pics?

Welcome aboard, any picture of your new lady?

L

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Say hello to Gus at the pool bar at the Regent of Fiji (IF he's still holding court).

Hi Neil,

I responded to your other post also...welcome and congratulations!

We intend to head in the same direction, but likely in 4 years. Would be good to meet in the SJIs this summer and chat about plans.

Cheers

You are our new hero!

Looking forward to vicariously enjoying your journey on this forum.

Welcome aboard TF

Long story.... I’m no Romeo, tho. ?

I'm always interested in hearing about previous boating experiences of newby trawler purchasers. :popcorn:

I'm always interested in hearing about previous boating experiences of newby trawler purchasers. :popcorn:

I don't know about others experiences, but I expect ours are not as extensive as many.

We owned a 28' SeaRay Sundancer, shipped her to the Caribbean. Cruised the local islands of Vieques and Culebra. On the way to St. Thomas one day I realized my single-engine, non-generator weekender was not enough for big waters. On my next business trip to the US I scoured both coasts of FL for a bigger one. I bought a 46' Sea Ray, with twin Cummins 6BTA's and a genset. My wife and our 2 girls flew in, we spent 2 weeks provisioning, then we pointed the bow east. 1500 miles and 2.5 weeks later we arrived on the east side of Puerto Rico, where we kept her for the next 3 years. We cruised all the Spanish VI, the USVI and most of the BVI. Sold her and moved to WA state. Waited 6 years to buy a boat, and made it a Bayliner to tour the San Juans. We were surprised by the beauty, and plan to enjoy it for about 3 years, then set out for some big trips.

Congratulations, that is an exciting itinerary. Where did you find your 58 and where are the pics?

Sorry for the delay. We got her in Richmond, BC. Pics attached. The last one is where I plan to put the helo. :lol:

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Rain.png
    Rain.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 617
  • Bow.png
    Bow.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 563
  • Helm.jpg
    Helm.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 560
  • PBridge.png
    PBridge.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 562
  • With Helo.png
    With Helo.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 562
Perfect!!!

What will you do with the dink?

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

congratulations

I have been aboard that boat and it has been nicely maintained.
I also have a Hatteras 58LRC with an extended cockpit. They are very comfortable boats. Maybe we'll see each other this summer.

58 LRCs

Hey, I would love to talk to someone with an LRC. Are you in the Pacific Northwest?

Congrats and nice choice. Love the lines of the Defever LRC’s.

Back
Top Bottom