View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 02:22 PM   #3
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Drumhead, you bet it's towable, but I'd suggest you make acouple of mods to it before you do. I have a 130 Super Sport with a 40hpMerc on it so it's a little larger and a little heavier than yours.

What I did with mine was put a cleat on each side up nearwhere it curves to the bow. If you look on the Whaler website you can geta drawing of where BW put plywood or a similar material between the twofiberglass layers.

Then I had a company called TOP KNOT make up a towingbridle for the tow boat and a bridle for the Whaler, giving them the length ofthe line to each of the cleats. I alsoadded a line to their bridle that went from the junction of the two lines tothe cleats, and I made that long enough to reach the tow ring on the bow of theWhaler. Essentially what I was trying todo was spread the load between three points rather than just the twocleats. BTW, TOP KNOT does excellent work with quality products. I heartily recommend them.

I’ve only towed it a couple of times and both times it wassmooth as silk. The Whaler stayed almostdead center in the wake. If it tendedto swing outside the wake I would just tow a fender behind the Whaler to add alittle drag to it.