In case you don't believe i Global Warming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stanfromhell

Vessel Name
Summer Wind
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
Watch this NOAA video.
The first cruise ship visted the Eastern Arctic last summer. It carried 1600 passengers and had about 700 crew. More are ships are scheduled for 2019.

Last edited:
I will confirm that I do not believe in the Global Warming Hoax. Thank You.:flowers:

We have been waiting for fusion energy for what, 40 years?

"We have been waiting for fusion energy for what, 40 years?"

ITS WORSE!

We have been PAYING for fusion energy for what, 40 years?

So far the Russians are closer to the goal., of output equaling input

Greetings,
I don't expect this thread to last too long so I'll add my comments:

Mr. Al. I thing "hoax" may be too strong a word. Yes, the world climate patterns ARE changing and CO2 levels ARE increasing but how much are these changes directly influenced by man's pouring amounts of "greenhouse gases" into the environment and are increased CO2 levels necessarily a bad thing?

It has been mentioned by an eminent poster in other threads that CO2 is simply plant food and this is true. The planet has proven quite resilient, historically, in dealing with excess CO2 BUT that was before degradation of the oceanic ecosystem and massive deforestation of the Amazon rain forest both natural capture mechanisms for said excess CO2. So in this respect the equation is skewed leading to the current excess of CO2.

Reduction of the use of fossil fuels (ff) and seeking alternative energy sources is but one "solution" to what may simply be another natural go-around of planetary climactic cycles. I think, by far, a better "solution" in conjunction with reduction of ff would be to clean up the mess that man has created, ease up on using the oceans as a trash bin and stop destruction, as much as possible, of the planetary ecosystem.

Too bad the NOAA wasn't around when the Vikings did the NWPassage about 1100 years ago. These Viking stories led the Brits to offer a huge bounty to Captain Cook to find the Passage 235 years ago. He was there almost, but the little ice age melt was slower than Cook.

In TF times a Nordhavn 57 did the Passage about a decade ago. No political BS about that trip, it was just a fascinating journey.

The question is not whether or not you believe in global warming. The Earth's climate has been cycling warmer and colder for billions of years. The question is what percentage you believe is caused by human activity, and what percentage you believe is just the normal cycling.

Sadly, the issue has left the realm of science entirely, and is nothing more than a political question nowadays. Proof of that is how often you hear simplistic statements about "believing in it," or not.

Greetings,
Mr. d. EXACTLY!!!! There is a lot of data which has been plugged into various "models" to get various "results" which is then interpreted in various manners. I firmly believe that we don't know what we don't know regarding climate change BUT what we DO know is those situations I mentioned in my post above. Deforestation and ocean degradation. We KNOW about this but the majority of efforts are going towards solving a problem that we may or may not have.

I definetly am not trying debate the cause of the Arctic ice melt. I only wanted to display some interesting information. i.e. The ice cap graphic starting around the 3 minute mark has a timeline at the top left corner which shows how the old ice is being depleted from around 2001 to the present.

Woke up this mornin' in Southern California and the temp was 37 degrees...you bet I believe in "global warmin'." I don't fly so I have never been to Hawaii, but accordin' to an unnamed politician, I soon will be able to take a train there and escape "global warmin.":lol:

You would think that anyone who was really concerned with man made global warming, would own a sailboat rather than a powerboat. Just saying. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom