Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimGoz

I love most all types of boats. I hope to buy a small trawler within 5 years or so. Plan to base out of North Carolina with trips North in the summer and south in the winter. Canadian Maritimes to Key West. Thanks. Tim G.

Welcome! There is a lot of knowledge on this site. They helped me determine the type of boat I bought in 2015. The best advice I could offer (although you are not asking for any) is to get on every boat that may be a potential winner and get a feel for it. Also I would recommend that you find and stick with a single broker in your search.

Good luck,
Don

When I was looking for a boat for missionary work in the far North I was not pleased with the couple of brokers I used. Worse than a used car salesman. Prefer straight through the owner. Thanks. Btw, what do you think of 30 foot Willards?

When I was looking for a boat for missionary work in the far North I was not pleased with the couple of brokers I used. Worse than a used car salesman. Prefer straight through the owner. Thanks. Btw, what do you think of 30 foot Willards?[/QUOT

Believe me I have run into a few exactly as you describe. However, I must give credit to the one who helped me. I wanted a 40 Eagle and I have been led to believe there are less than 40 in the USA. There were 2 for sale but after 2 offers each we couldn't get either to our price point. This guy tracks down several owners on the East Coast, cold calls them to ask if they still had their Eagle and if they wanted to sell it. Found an owner in CT that was willing to sell, rode to with me to see it, and negotiated the purchase. Just saying I will use him again.

Don

I shouldn't have been so judgemental and made a blanket condemnation. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom