psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
RE: Flags

Quote:
Marin wrote:psneeld wrote:
*Wrong is wrong even if the French are honored by how you improperly fly the flags.

As a US veteran I'm personally offended when people improperly fly our flag.

That's fine and I respect your opinion but in this case I don't actually care what your opinon is. It's just a flag, for God's sake.* Piece of cloth with a design on it.* It a trademark for our country and it's something to salute if you feel like doing that but it isn't the country itself.

And I'm not flying the flag improperly, I just don't fly it on July 14.* I choose to fly a different country's flag--- properly, acccording to the great god Chapman--- on that day.* Its not like I'm flying it upside down or vertically or setting fire to it, although I don't get all wrapped around the axle if someone does set fire to it.* It's easy enough to buy another one (most of which are made in China, by the way, so how representative is that?)

It's just a flag.* I would think that people would have far more important things on their minds than what flag a person chooses to fly on their boat.

*I knew you would care before I wrote it.* You are an open book.* How sad.

And I still believe you are mistaken about flying a French flag fron the stern staff of a US flagged vessel.
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote