The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dhauz

Hello All
Another new member to this forum.
I keep my boat in Weymouth, Ma
I am in the process of purchasing a new to me 1987 Defever 41
Powered by a single Cat 3208N
I have never owned a trawler before and hoping to get plenty of information from this forum
My current boat is a 1987 Regal Commodore 360 with twin 7.4 gas guzzlers.
The boat I am purchasing needs all windows to be refitted and the rear deck needs to be replaced.
With that said I haven't had a survey or power train analysis done as yet.

Any and all information on this vessel would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

good luck with her
I plan on doing the deck when I first take possession some time in June
I will refit all 19 windows over a couple of seasons.

Welcome aboard. I am currently refinishing and recaulking the teak decking on my sundeck. It is a terrible job with my bad knees and back. A couple more days sanding and it will be ready to tape and caulk when the weather warms up here.

Bad knees Bad back and a Bad attitude. I may have bitten off more than I can chew.
Time will tell.
I think I have to cut out the rear deck totally and probably replace with glass

Boat = work

Welcome to the forum.

Ahhhh ...You got to love the working life, I mean the boating life. :banghead:

Congrats on the new boat. If this is the one on YW with the head of the master berth against the fwd bulkhead I think this is a great layout. Most have the berth tucked under the aft deck not so good I think. I bought my boat a couple years ago. It took about a year to get everything made right. Now we could not be more happy with her. Hope you have a positive experience with your new boat.

I appreciate all the comm from everyone
Hi John P not sure if its the same boat but yes the master bath is forward to port with a tub and shower but still in the aft cabin but foward

Back
Top Bottom