Fresh Water pressure?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Per

Guru
Just wondering if anyone know what is the water pressure in most boat fresh water systems as far as the regular plumbing?

kitchen faucet, bathroom faucets etc?

With my surge tank air bladder system, cut on is 20 psi and cut off is 40 psi.

does that mean RV style faucets @45 PSI would work ok?

If you're concerned, you can buy a pressure gauge at any home center or plumbing supply shop for $10 - $12.

I believe small boat plumbing is usually designed for about 30 PSI so your RV faucets should be fine. Well, they might rust, but they won't burst.

Don't know, but the water flows nice.* (Ignore the gauge pictured; that's for the horn's air pressure.)

Attachments

• water pump.jpg
    water pump.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 115
MP: you never cease to amaze me with the "perfected down to the small details" boat you got your hands on.
hopefully you make some commission on the sales generated based on your positive, ok lets call it "gentle boasting".

Per wrote:
MP: you never cease to amaze me with the "perfected down to the small details" boat you got your hands on.
hopefully you make some commission on the sales generated based on your positive, ok lets call it "gentle boasting".
*Not a penny yet.* But if anyone of you buy a new Seahorse Marine boat, tell builder/owner Bill Kimley how I influenced your purchase.

I s'pose I'm a proud owner.

Per wrote:
Your boat looked like that when it was new, too,*other then having different and perhaps simpler systems on it.* So did ours.* But in our case 39 years and several owners takes a toll........

Yeah, those of us with...well...let's say, non-new boats, could start a "my boat looks worse than your boat" thread, or a song even..bit like the song/tune about "I can do anything better than you.." It could go like this....
"My engine room is cruddier than yours..."

"No it ain't", "yes it is"..."no it ain't!"..."yes it b***dy is"...etc etc

Greetings,
Older "pre-loved" vessels...hmmmm. Let's say I'd rather be asea in ANY of the vessels which may be causing you some embarassment than standing on the dock watching you steam off. You having fun? That's ALL that matters!

superdiver wrote:
*I would NEVER let most of you guys see what my boat looks like... i am officially ashamed....
******* Don't be! I've been reading your missiles for quite awhile & can imagine almost exactly what your boat looks like. I would sail with you any day, SD! I'm assuming that you have a good store of baked goods on hand?* :chew:

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Friday 3rd of February 2012 07:42:26 PM

Per:

I replaced all of the faucets in my boat with household. The pressure supplied by the pump is adequate.

Usually boat/RV water pumps can be adjusted...if not you can always install a water pressure regulator.

But...most RVs now just use the same pumps (even some same fixtures)*we use in our newer*boats so they are compatable straight from the manufacturer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom